Pepco has taken essential steps to ready the local energy grid to provide customers with safe and reliable energy service this winter. Just as Pepco prepares, customers should also prepare.
- Assemble an emergency storm kit. Include battery-powered radio or TV, flashlight, a first-aid kit, battery-powered or windup clock, extra batteries, special needs items, medications, multi-purpose tools, cell phones with chargers, and a list of important and emergency phone numbers.
- Apply insulation, caulking, and weather stripping around your home to keep out the cold.
- Have a supply of bottled water and easy-to-prepare, non-perishable foods available.
- Keep a flashlight with fresh batteries on each floor of your home.
- Identify an alternate location for you and/or your family in case of extended outage.
- Review the manufacturer’s instructions for safe operations of your generator. Do not connect a generator directly to your home’s wiring. Never use a generator indoors or any enclosed area.
Download Pepco’s app at pepco.com/mobileapp to keep informed during a storm.
Being prepared is a responsibility everyone should take seriously. If a severe storm hits, monitor local weather reports regularly and follow the advice of local emergency management officials. Immediately report a downed wire or service issue by calling 1-877-PEPCO-62 (1-877-737-2662), visiting pepco.com, or through the company’s mobile app.
More tips, resources, and safety information are available at pepco.com/storm.
To learn more about Pepco, visit The Source, Pepco’s online news room. Find additional information by visiting pepco.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/pepcoconnect, and on Twitter at twitter.com/pepcoconnect. Pepco’s mobile app is available at pepco.com/mobileapp.