Snow Plowing in King Farm:
The Assembly – Removes snow and treats all PRIVATE streets (white signs/blue letters), alleys, and common area sidewalks (like the sidewalks at the Community Center, Pleasant Circle, Route 355, and the bike path on Gaither Road).
The City of Rockville – Removes snow and treats all of the CITY streets, sidewalks, and bike/trail paths located within King Farm. The City clears snow from 160 miles of roadways, 30 miles of publicly owned sidewalks, walkways and pathways, and 18 City-owned facilities and parks with parking lots.
City crews treat and plow roads in the following priority order:
- Primary roads consisting of major arterial roads, emergency routes, central business districts, and primary residential roads near schools.
- Secondary roads that consist of the remainder of neighborhood streets, alleyways, and cul-de-sacs.
- There are Primary and Secondary streets located in King Farm.
Often residents residing on City streets in King Farm are concerned when they see other streets have been cleared and theirs have not. If you are concerned about snow plowing on your street or if you have questions, please call the City of Rockville Public Works Department at (240) 314-8750 or by email at
King Farm Community Snow Map:
Please use the link below to view the most recent King Farm Community Snow Map to view public/private streets and where KFCA will plow during a snow storm.
After a storm, property and business owners are expected to clear sidewalks within 24-72 hours of the last snowfall. City crews coordinate road clearing and sidewalk work depending on the severity of the storm. Accessible curb ramps, sidewalks and pathways on publicly-owned property are cleared by crews from city departments. For more information, please view the Montgomery County snow removal FAQ.
ALL King Farm homeowners are responsible for removing snow/ice from driveway aprons, lead walks, walk-ways and any and all sidewalks adjacent to their property within:
- 24 hours (after 1-3 inches)
- 48 hours (after 3-9 inches)
- 72 hours (if than 10 inches)
*Violators can be fined, so make sure you clear your sidewalks! To report property owners or businesses that have not cleared their sidewalks, call 240-314-8330 or complete the online form.
Volunteers and Snow Removal Assistance:
- If you require assistance to remove snow or ice, and you are a senior citizen or you do not have the financial means to hire someone to do this for you, please sign up for snow shoveling assistance or call 240-314-8800.
- There are many opportunities to volunteer in Rockville, specifically for those who may not be able to clear their sidewalks in the winter. Many seniors depend on the help of volunteers.
- Sign up to be added to the Rockville Snow volunteer list. Once snow hits, the Rockville volunteer coordinator will email or call you about seniors in need of shoveling in your area.