Trash Removal & Recycling:
The City of Rockville provides once-per-week curbside recycling, trash, and yard waste collections for single-family homes and townhouses in the King Farm community.
Regular refuse and recycling are collected on Thursdays
Please Note: In the event that a city holiday falls on Monday through Thursday, your collection from that week will be on Friday.
*If your recycling, trash or yard waste was not collected, you can report a missed collection
online or by calling 240-314-8568.
There are a number of reasons why your recycling, trash or yard waste may have been missed:
- Special Holiday: During holiday weeks, collection could be delayed by one day depending on your pickup day. Check the holiday collection schedule at www.rockvillemd.gov/301/HolidaySchedule.
- Unaccepted Items: If items are in the recycling or trash carts that are not accepted by the City the waste will not be collected.
- Cart exceeded the limit: The maximum allowable weight is 165 pounds and the lid must be able to close
Request or Exchange a Cart:
The city of Rockville provides residents with carts, which are available in four sizes. Residents with city provided carts are responsible for their maintenance and care. Carts must be returned
when you move out. To return a cart, call 240-314-8568.
Tips on Waste Collection:
- Place brown recycling and gray refuse carts at the curb or alleyway the night before collection, but not later than 6 a.m. on collection day and removed within 24 hours.
- Trash Containers must be stored in garages or inside backyard area between collections.
- Bulk refuse, metal, household hazardous waste and electronics are collected by appointment by calling 240-314-8568.
- Make sure your cart is not blocking mailboxes, lids are closed, and wheels are to the curb.
- Do not overflow refuse carts.
- Plastic bags go into the gray trash cart. Plastic bags can be recycled in nearby grocery stores.
- Recycling is placed in the brown carts. Do not put recyclable materials in the refuse cart.
- Yard waste is collected at the curb only, not alleyways, in paper lawn bags or 32 gallon trash cans the night before or by 6 a.m. on collection day.
- Branches should be placed in a pile on the ground. Large piles of branches and trees will be collected by the end of the week as this requires special equipment
- Animal disposal is collected by Animal Control by calling 240-314-8930.
- Explosives and ammunition is collected by Police by calling 240-314-8900