Annual Property Inspections:
The King Farm Board of Trustees, along with the Architectural Design Trust Committee (ADT), is committed to ensuring individual lots are maintained in accordance with the standards prescribed in the King Farm governing documents. Such efforts are critical to preserving the quality of the overall community appearance, as well as property values. The Board of Trustees selected HOA Inspection Services (aka Community Inspection Services CIS), a 3rd party vendor, to conduct individual lot inspections throughout the community to maintain a more consistent schedule. A new inspection cycle is expected to begin in December 2020/January 2021.
Please note: Management continues to investigate complaints, as well as, perform periodic maintenance inspections in addition to the annual lot inspections. A new program for periodic inspections for smaller items will also commence in December 2020/January 2021. Door hangers will be left at the front doors on lots to identify items not in compliance with the governing documents.
June 2021 Update:
All single-family and townhomes in King Farm have been inspected and notices have been sent to homes with maintenance items that need to be addressed. At this time, the 1st round of re-inspections are underway and individuals who have not addressed the issues they were cited for will receive a second inspection notice.
Inspection Process Overview:
- 1st Inspection & Notice:
- If a notice is received, residents will be provided time to make repairs prior to re-inspection and given a reinspection date.
- Keep in mind that there is a lag time between when pictures are taken and new notices are sent.
- 1st Reinspection:
- Re-inspections will start on/after the date provided on the notice.
- Typically takes 3 weeks for re-inspections to be performed, data review, and new notices to be printed/mailed.
- Re-inspections are performed at one time.
- Some issues may be corrected prior to reinspection, but all reinspections will take place at the same time. **There are NO individual if issues are corrected prior to reinspections.
- If the findings in the first notice are addressed, a 2nd notice will not be sent.
- 2nd Notice:
- Any outstanding items will be noted and additional time to make repairs prior to final re-inspection.
- A date for the final re-inspection will be provided.
- Again, there is a lag time between when pictures are taken and new notices are sent.
- 2nd Reinspection:
- Re-inspections will start on or after the date provided on the notice.
- Final Notice/Complaint/Notice of Hearing:
- If corrections are not complete after the 2nd re-inspection, a complaint and a notice of hearing will be mailed and a hearing will be scheduled in front of the Board of Code Compliance (BOCC).
- If corrections are made prior to the hearing, the case will be dismissed.
Lot Inspection Checklist:
The Home Inspection Checklist is used by Management (and CIS) to ensure that inspections are completed in a uniform fashion. Please click the button to view the PDF copy of the checklist. This can be a useful tool for residents to understand what items are cited if they receive a notice.
Information About Notices:
- If you receive an inspection notice, please note that the letter you receive in the mail ONLY includes black and white copies of the inspection findings (photos). Please login to the “HOA Inspection Services” resident portal to view color pictures that were taken of the findings.
- Keep in mind that the inspection findings pictures are for perspective. From the pictures it may be difficult to identify the issue in question, but when in doubt please take the time to examine the exterior of your home as some items do not always reflect the same in pictures.
HOA Inspection Services Resident Portal:
- This is for inspection findings ONLY. This is NOT the same as the FrontSteps Resident Portal**
- Located on your inspection notice is your individual pin number to use to login and view the photos of the items you need to address.
- Please go to: portal.HoaInspectionServices.com and input your pin number and house number to sign in.
Clarifications and Extensions:
- If you believe there was an error or if you need to request an extension, you may do so in the portal.
- Please note that extensions are NOT granted until the “Final Notice” is issued.
- If you receive a violation letter and you have any of the following issues, they will be verified and corrected/addressed. Please note, to contest findings you will need to login to the HOA Inspection Services resident portal and select one of the options below.
- Please go to the HOA Inspection Services website and fill out the HOA Response Form to view the alleged violation and make any clarifications or extensions if needed.
Below are the 4 options available to select:
- Change of Address/Ownership – the correct owner needs to be contacted.
- Incorrect Home/Location Cited – needs to be corrected.
- Contesting Findings – the issue was addressed, but the resident received notice.
- Findings Not Warranted – issue(s) should never have been cited.
For questions please contact Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.