City of Rockville:

King Farm Citizens Assembly works closely with the City of Rockville. Management receives common questions regarding issues within the community
that the City is responsible for. The City of Rockville is responsible for maintaining and operating all public open space and public parks,
maintaining and replacing public streets and rights of way, snow removal on public streets, maintaining, and operating and replacing
stormwater management facilities.


Please see below for contact information:

General Information – 240-314-5000
Mayor & Council Office – 240-314-8280
City Manager – 240-314-8100

Department of Public Works:


Rockville Public Works Emergency (Water, Sewer, Street) – 240-314-8567

WSSC Emergency – 301-206-4002


The Department of Public Works is responsible for the following services:

  • Engineering services
  • Environmental services
  • Streets, sidewalks, and right-of-way
  • Stormwater management
  • Traffic and transportation
  • Recycling and refuse collection
  • Snow and ice control
  • Water and sewer

Department of Parks and Recreation:

General – 240-314-8620

Parks – 240-314-8700

Senior Services – 240-314-8800

Youth Services – 240-314-8300

The Department of Recreation and Parks is responsible for caring and maintaining sixty-five parks, three community centers, and multiple facilities.

RCPD – Rockville City Police Department:

Emergency: 9-1-1
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, MD 20850


Rockville Police Emergency – 301-340-7300
Rockville Police Non-Emergency – 240-314-8900
Rockville Police TTY – 240-314-8909
Animal Control – 240-314-8900

The RCPD provides many services. Please file a report on any of the below issues:

  • Abandoned Vehicle
  • Stray or Dead Animal
  • Suspicious Activity
  • Code Violation
  • Graffiti
  • Parking Enforcement


Rockville provides once-per-week curbside recycling, trash and yard waste collections. Please see our Trash page under Resident Resources for more information.

Refuse & Recycling – 240-314-8568

Monday – Thursday
7 am – 5:00 pm

Rockville provides special bulk waste collections by appointment only. Alternatively, you can drop off bulk waste at the Montgomery County Transfer Station. Please contact Recyling & Refuse to schedule bulk waste pick up.

*Bulk waste collections are for large waste that does not fit into carts, such as a couch or desk.

These items are NOT accepted as bulk waste:

  • No gasoline
  • No tires
  • No concrete footings on fencing, swings
  • No cinder blocks, bricks, broken concrete, large rocks
  • No sod, soil, old mulch (place in refuse cart)
  • No plastic furniture/toys (place in recycling cart)
  • No bamboo (place in yard waste)



Noise Ordinances:

If you need to report a noise complaint, Motgomery County and the City of Rockville have noise ordinances.

Phone: 311 or 240-777-0311; 240-314-8330

The Montgomery County Noise Control Law
is Chapter 31B of the County Code. The Noise Control Law promotes a more restful, pleasant environment throughout the County by establishing common-sense guidelines for residents and businesses. It also provides remedies, including corrective orders, fines, and criminal penalties.

Per Montgomery County Guidelines for Good Neighbors:

Many noise problems can be resolved through the same methods used to solve other disputes. Tactful person-to-person communication is a good way to start.

Each of us can play a part in reducing noise levels and being a good neighbor:

  • Monitor the volume of televisions, radios, and other sound-producing equipment, especially during “quiet hours.” Pay particular attention to bass controls.
  • Avoid using power tools in your home, garage, or outdoors during “quiet hours.”
  • Check central and window air conditioning units periodically to ensure that they are operating as quietly as possible.
  • Take good care of pets. Dogs left outside all day are likely to bark and disturb neighbors at home.
  • Make sure your family and guests comply with “quiet hours.”
  • In multi-tenant settings, avoid performing noisy domestic activities, like operating appliances and exercise equipment or moving furniture during “quiet hours.”

Code Enforcement Division:


Please click here to report a code violation with the City of Rockville.

Some examples of violations include:

  • Trash and waste accumulation
  • Infestation of pests/rodents
  • Oversized vehicles
  • Snow removal from public sidewalks
  • Unregistered vehicles