Association News – Friday, May 20th, 2022
Food Truck Friday Night
It’s Food Truck Friday, so head to the Saddle Ridge Community Center at 300 Saddle Ridge Circle between 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. where Corned Beef King will be set up and ready to serve you! If you are interested in placing your order ahead of time please use this convenient pre-order link.
See the list below for the upcoming schedule of when your favorite food trucks will be rolling into King Farm this month.
May Food Truck Friday Schedule:
- May 20th – Corned Beef King
- May 27th – Big Greek on Wheels
Calling All Graduates!
Calling all preschool, kindergarten, elementary, middle, high school and college graduates! The King Farm Chronicle would like to feature your 2022 graduate in the June Neighbors in the News graduates segment.
Send us a photo of your graduate and all the details to email@example.com by May 27, 2022.
Movies on the Lawn Continues this Saturday 5/21
Bring a blanket or a lawn chair as King Farm Movies on the Lawn continues with the animated film “Sing 2” playing on the big movie screen, tomorrow, Saturday, May 21, 2022. The movie, rated PG, will start promptly at 8:30 p.m. on the Saddle Ridge Circle lawn area adjacent to the Saddle Ridge Community Center.
*In the event of rain, the movie will be rescheduled to a later date.
May Edition of the King Farm Chronicle
The May 2022 edition of the King Farm Chronicle is here and will be delivered to your doorsteps soon! Click here to read the online version of the Chronicle.
Please visit our website under Stay Informed / King Farm Chronicle to read past editions (https://kingfarm.org/king-farm-chronicle/).
King Farm 2022 Pool Season Update:
Saddle Ridge Pool & Bailey’s Commons Pool:
The King Farm Pools are scheduled to open on Saturday, May 28th, 2022 (weather permitting). Barring any mandated changes by the City, County, or State, the pools will operate under normal operations this season. Liability waivers, masks, social distancing and reservations will no longer be required.
*Please note – lifeguards and other patrons may opt to continue to social distance or wear masks, so please be considerate.
Key Fob Reminder:
Friendly reminder for all new residents and residents over the age of 16 — please be sure to obtain a key fob (if you do not already have one) and update your information on file with the Management office so that you can access the community pools when they open for the season.
Appointments are not required for key fobs, but they are recommended. As a reminder, the hours for key fob service are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Friday, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
If you need to obtain a key fob, please bring your photo ID, a copy of your lease (if you are renting), and proof of residency if your address on your photo ID is different. Lastly, please complete the key fob application and bring this with you when you arrive or complete the online application here: https://kingfarm.org/key-fob-application-form/.
*Staff members and contractors may opt to continue to social distance or wear masks, so please be considerate.
ALLEY & STREET AWARENESS – Safety First!
We are starting to receive calls about people and children playing and riding bikes in the alleys and streets. As the weather gets warmer and summer rapidly approaches, we expect to see more people out and about. Please be mindful that the streets and alleys are not designated areas for play!
We understand that residents use the alleys to allow children to ride bikes because the alleys have reduced traffic; however, vehicles do use the alleys to access the garages. Please do not leave children unattended or unsupervised.
King Farm is fortunate to have two parks and various open green spaces in the community available to residents for playing, biking, etc. To avoid pedestrian accidents, drivers need to be aware of their speed, blind turns, and avoid using cell phones behind the wheel. Additionally, pedestrians need to recognize that vehicles have the right to utilize the alleyways and should provide space to allow vehicles to turn into the alley unimpeded.
If everyone does their part, accidents can be avoided! Please be a good neighbor by practicing safety and being aware of your surroundings while driving, biking, or walking.
County & City Updates:
City of Rockville:
- Hometown Holidays Returns Saturday, May 28th & Sunday, May 29th at RedGate Park — Reunite with neighbors at Hometown Holidays: A Community Gathering. This free festival will take place on 5/28 and 5/29 from 11:00am to 7:00pm at RedGate Park and will feature local flavor including two stages of entertainment by local acts, a Taste of Rockville, and activities for kids. Read more.
- Rockville Farmers Market — Rockville Farmers Market it is officially opened on May 14th and will provide a dollar-for-dollar match for customers using their federal nutrition benefits. The market will be open 9:00 am to 1 p. Saturdays, from May 14th – Nov. 19th, in the jury parking lot at East Jefferson (MD 28) and Monroe streets in Rockville Town Center.
- Spring Community Yard Sale — The City has team up with Montgomery County to help think green when you spring clean. Participate in the Spring Yard sale that will take place on the parking lot of Richard Montgomery HS on May 21 from 8 to noon. Rain Date May 22. More Information: https://secure.rec1.com/MD/city-of-rockville-md/catalog/index/36cbeb79b3348d8d60c15b3f49591ca2?filter=c2VhcmNoPXlhcmQlMjBzYWxl.
- Trash Collection Update — With the arrival of summer and a growing customer base, Rockville will be adjusting recycling and trash collection routes. Collection days won’t change, but the time the trucks collect on your street may fluctuate. Be sure not to miss the truck by placing carts curbside the night before or by 6:00 am on your collection day.
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
It’s been a busy and exciting beginning of May for King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV). The KFNV services program is off to a great start with two car rides given to KFNV members. Then last night, the KFNV held its first in-person social event since the onset of COVID at the King Farm Community Center. The “Nibble and Sip” wine and cheese reception was a great success with 50 plus attendees. The participants enjoyed being together once again to catch up in-person and to celebrate the re-opening of live KFNV events.
KFNV events scheduled for June are:
1. On June 2, 2022 from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm, the KFNV Movie Club will review the movie, Judy, which is a look at the life of Judy Garland. The movie focuses both on Ms. Garland’s early years as well as her last year in 1969 when she died at the age of 47; and
2. On June 9, 2022 from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm, the KFNV Book Club will discuss the book, The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish. This historical fiction novel centers around the lives of two remarkable women separated by 400 years. For this novel, the Book Club is asking participants to bring questions for the discussion. Also, since the book is rather long at 560 pages, participants are welcome to attend even without finishing the whole book.
Please note that these events will be presented in a hybrid fashion—i.e., both in-person and virtually. Specifically, the KFNV has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for these in-person meetings. In accordance with policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors (Board), people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations. Wearing a mask is optional. For those unable to join in-person, the KFNV will offer a Zoom option.
How to Contact KFNV:
For most of our monthly events, membership is required; but membership is free and as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form. We do, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Member Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at https://www.kfnv.org/.
RCPD News Report: May 10, 2022 to May 17, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!