Association News – Friday, May 27th, 2022
Management Office Closed on 5/30 in Observance of Memorial Day
In observance of Memorial Day, the Management Office will be closed on Monday, May 30th, 2022. We will resume normal business hours and reply to your emails on Tuesday, May 31st, 2022.
This weekend we remember those who courageously gave their lives and thank the brave men and women of this country who have made the ultimate sacrifice. We hope everyone has a safe and memorable weekend.
King Farm Shuttle Service Closed on Memorial Day (5/30/22)
In observance of Memorial Day, the King Farm shuttle service will not be running on Monday, May 30th, 2022.
The shuttle will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, May 31st, 2022.
Food Truck Friday Night Canceled
Due to heavy rain, storms and tornado warnings for this afternoon, Food Truck Friday has been canceled for this evening. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Upcoming June Committee Meetings
For information and to register, please go to the King Farm website for Zoom meeting links: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/.
- External Affairs (EA): Thurs. 06/02/22 – 7:30 PM
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC): Mon. 06/13/22 – 7:00 PM
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT): Wed. 06/15/22 – 4:30 PM
- *deadline to submit ADT applications is Wed. 6/8.
- Board of Trustees (BOT): Wed. 06/29/22 @ 7:30 PM
King Farm Pools Open Saturday, May 28th, 2022
Saddle Ridge Pool & Bailey’s Commons Pools:
Everyone is excited for summer and to get in the pool. While we want everyone to enjoy their time at the pool, we want to ensure that people are respectful while they are at the pool. Be sure to review the pool rules. Violations of the rules can result in the loss of pool privileges. It is important that you and your guests are familiar with the rules. Please remember that your key fob is required for entry. Your key fob is associated with your pictures so please do not use other family member’s key fob.
Please remember to follow lifeguard instructions. Failure to follow lifeguard instructions can result in the suspension of the use of the pool for a day, a week, or the remainder of the season. It is possible that due to lifeguard staffing shortages, the pool hours may be affected. However, we are working diligently to ensure that closures are not necessary. However, if closures are needed, please be respected as those are circumstances out of our control.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding and look forward to seeing you at the pool.
*Please note – lifeguards and other patrons may opt to continue to social distance or wear masks, so please be considerate.
Key Fob Information:
Friendly reminder for all new residents and residents over the age of 16 — please be sure to obtain a key fob (if you do not already have one) and update your information on file with the Management office so that you can access the community pools when they open for the season. Please contact the Management Office by phone at (301) 987-0122 or by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment for a new or replacement key fob. The hours for key fob appointments are below.
- Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Friday, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
If you need to obtain a key fob, please bring your photo ID, a copy of your lease (if you are renting), and proof of residency if your address on your photo ID is different. Lastly, please complete the key fob application and bring this with you when you arrive or complete the online application here: https://kingfarm.org/key-fob-application-form/.
*staff members and contractors may opt to continue to social distance or wear masks, so please be considerate.
ALLEY APRON AND PAVER REPAIRS – Monday 6/6
The alley apron repairs are scheduled to begin on Monday, June 6, 2022. As a result of the project, each alley will be limited to the entrance/exit points. Please refer to the attached alley apron repair schedule to determine the closures.
If you have questions, please contact the Management Office by phone at 301-987-0122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Project updates will be provided via email blast.
King Farm Celebrates 25th Anniversary With Community Celebration
Cheers to 25 years! Can you believe King Farm is turning 25? KF25, a community celebration, will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2022 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on the lawn at the Saddle Ridge Community Center at 300 Saddle Ridge Circle. The evening will include a free catered BBQ of hot dogs and hamburgers, sides, and drinks -while supplies last, purchase beer from the beer tent courtesy of our friends at True Respite Brewing. Moonbounces will be set up for the children to enjoy, and of course, it wouldn’t be a King Farm party without a few fun and unexpected surprises throughout the night.
King Farm is excited to welcome back Vertigo Red, a high energy band and one of the most requested band returns in the community! The evening will conclude with a laser light show lighting up the skies, and we can’t wait! We also will welcome special guests from the City of Rockville and Montgomery County to help us commemorate this milestone occasion.
Saddle Ridge Circle and portions of Saddle Ridge Lane will be closed starting at 4:00 p.m. on event day for traffic control and pedestrian safety. No parking signs will be posted in the affected areas. Residents will be encouraged to walk to the celebration as parking will be limited.
In the event of rain, the party will be moved to Sunday, June 12 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
So, plan to join your friends and neighbors for the biggest party in the history of King Farm, you won’t want to miss it!!
King Farm Fall Festival Business Fair Now Accepting Vendors
Applications are now being accepted for the 15th Annual King Farm Fall Festival Business Fair to be held on Sunday, October 2, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. There is a limited number of booth spaces available and this is a great way to get your name and business noticed in the King Farm community. Contact email@example.com today to request the Fall Festival Business Fair application packet.
County, City, and State Updates:
City of Rockville:
- Hometown Holidays Returns Saturday, May 28th & Sunday, May 29th at RedGate Park — Reunite with neighbors at Hometown Holidays: A Community Gathering. This free festival will take place on 5/28 and 5/29 from 11:00am to 7:00pm at RedGate Park and will feature local flavor including two stages of entertainment by local acts, a Taste of Rockville, and activities for kids. Read more.
- Trash Collection Update — With the arrival of summer and a growing customer base, Rockville will be adjusting recycling and trash collection routes. Collection days won’t change, but the time the trucks collect on your street may fluctuate. Be sure not to miss the truck by placing carts curbside the night before or by 6:00 am on your collection day.
State of Maryland:
- Maryland gas tax set to increase this summer — As required by Maryland law, since 2013 the state’s gas tax rate increases annually if the comptroller’s office determines that the consumer price index has increased over the past year. The CPI indeed has increased over the past year, and the state gas tax is expected to increase on July 1 from 36.1 cents per gallon to 43 cents per gallon. [You may remember that we had a 30-day gas tax respite earlier this year.] On Monday, Governor Hogan called on Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot to do everything within his power to “halt or minimize the impact of the accelerating gas taxes.” Franchot responded that his office is exploring legal pathways it can take to prevent the mandated gas tax increase from taking effect. Franchot also called on Hogan to declare a state of energy emergency to suspend the state gas tax until September. Read More here.
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
The King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) has an exciting schedule of activities lined up for June, including KFNV’s very first field trip. Specifically,
1. On June 2, 2022 from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm, the KFNV Movie Club will review the movie, Judy, which is a look at the life of Judy Garland. The movie focuses both on Ms. Garland’s early years as well as her last year in 1969 when she died at the age of 47; and
2. On June 9, 2022 from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm, the KFNV Book Club will discuss the book, The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish. This historical fiction novel centers around the lives of two women separated by 400 years. For this novel, the Book Club is asking participants to bring questions for the discussion. Also, since the book is rather long at 560 pages, participants are welcome to attend even without finishing the whole book.
Please note that these events will be presented in a hybrid fashion—i.e., both in-person and virtually. Specifically, the KFNV has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for these in-person meetings. In accordance with policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors (Board), people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations. Wearing a mask is optional. For those unable to join in-person, the KFNV will offer a Zoom option.
Other KFNV events scheduled for June are:
1. On June 15, 2022 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am, the KFNV will host only via Zoom Coffee and Conversation where the topic of conversation will be: What are your favorite local places to visit in the summer? and last but not least;
2. The KFNV is inviting the King Farm community to its first ever field trip on Thursday, June 23, 2022. The specifics are:
- Who: All members of the King Farm community are invited. You do not have to be a member of the KFNV to participate in this event.
- What: A guided walking tour of Glen Echo National Park by a Park Ranger
- Where: Glen Echo National Park, 7300 MacArthur Boulevard, Glen Echo, Maryland
- Time: We will gather as a group in front of the Carousel at 1:45 pm for a 2:00 pm tour. Look for the Park Ranger to find the KFNV group.
- Other Important Information: The walking tour will start promptly at 2:00 pm and will last approximately 45 minutes. The walking tour path is both wheelchair and walker accessible. Parking is off MacArthur Boulevard. In addition, handicap parking is specifically available with a short walking distance to the park’s entrance. In the event of inclement weather, the tour will be rescheduled. If you have any questions about the tour, please contact KFNV at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104.
The KFNV hopes that you can join us at Glen Echo Park to learn about the history of the park, including the beautiful Dentzel Carousel which celebrated its 100th birthday last year, and to be part of our very first KFNV field trip.
SERVICES: The KFNV is continuing to build its community services program with;
1. Transportation to appointments,
2. Friendly phone calls,
3. Friendly visits, and
4. One new service – simple household tasks.
The KFNV has given members rides to various appointments and is in the process of fulfilling its first simple household task. Please see below on how to contact the KFNV to schedule any of the services or with any questions that you may have about the services. Also, note that services are open to KFNV members only; however, membership is free and an easy process. Please see below for information on how to join the KFNV.
How to Contact KFNV:
For most of the KFNV monthly events, membership is required; but membership is as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form. Although there is no fee to become a KFNV member, the KFNV does, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to request a service, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
RCPD News Report: May 10, 2022 to May 17, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!