Bring your friends and family to celebrate the 4th of July this year, as the City of Rockville will host its annual Independence Day Celebration at the Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park in King Farm. The event will be held from 7:00 to 10:00 pm on Monday, July 4th, 2022 at the Park, which is located at 1800 Piccard Drive, Rockville, MD 20850.
Some roads in King Farm will be shut down at various times during the afternoon for event preparation. Residents in the affected zones should watch their mailboxes for the issuance of parking passes to be mailed later in June. This will enable you to get in and out of the closed off zones and to your home.
The City is instructing event attendees who live outside of King Farm to use main roads when arriving to the event and have designated parking lots along Shady Grove Road and Choke Cherry Road for public parking. There will be road closures due to the event, please click the link below to find out more.
The Rockville City Police Department will be on-site directing traffic, and signage will be visible from major roadways directing traffic to the appropriate entrance areas. It is the City’s goal that through these efforts, traffic will remain on major roadways, and that vehicular traffic through King Farm will be limited. There will not be a rain-date for this event. Please note that the tennis courts, playground and Rockville Dog Park at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park will be closed for several days leading up to and after the event.
Learn more about parking and general information about the event at www.rockvillemd.gov/independenceday.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 240-314-8620.
4th of July Event Schedule:
7:00 pm – Music by Vertigo Red
8:45 pm – Welcome from the Mayor & Council; followed by the national anthem.
9:00 pm – Music by Vertigo Red
9:15 pm – Fireworks display (20 minutes long.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the event.
- Bring beach chairs or blankets to ensure comfortable seating. Be considerate so that those around you can see the show too.
- No chairs or blankets allowed within 100 feet of the stage.
- Outside, prepared food is permitted.
- Most events will take place rain or shine. In case of inclement weather, cancellations will be posted on this page and at www.Facebook.com/CityofRockville.
There is limited access to parts of the park on Friday, July 1st – Tuesday, July 5th.
- Dog Park: Closes at 7:00 am on Friday, July 1st until 11:00 am on Tuesday, July 5th.
- Fireworks Safety Zone (includes football fields, tennis courts, playground, and parking lots): Closes at 7:00 am on Sunday, July 3rd until 11:00 am on Tuesday, July 5th.