The City of Rockville’s Independence Day Celebration is scheduled for Monday, July 4th, 2022 (no rain date) starting at 7:00 pm at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park, 1800 Piccard Drive. Due to the celebration, there will be road closures throughout the King Farm area.
Park Access: There is limited access to parts of the park Friday, July 1st – Tuesday, July 5th.
- Dog Park: Closed at 7:00 am on Friday, July 1st until 11:00 am on Tuesday, July 5th.
- Fireworks Safety Zone (includes football fields, tennis courts, playground, and parking lots): Closed at 7:00 am on Sunday, July 3rd until 11:00 am on Tuesday, July 5th.
Resident Access: Please see instructions below to enter and exit the King Farm community. Each resident in the GREEN and PURPLE zones will receive four (4) access passes, which will be mailed along with a letter from the City, to affected residents.
- Please display these passes in your dash and provide them to guests the day of the event so you can move freely in and out of the community.
- If you DO NOT live in the green and purple zones you WILL NOT receive access passes and therefore, you will be able to access your home using any open road.
- After the event, access to the northern neighborhood entrances may be temporarily shut down while event attendees exit the site.
Public Parking: The City is instructing event attendees to use main roads including Shady Grove Road, Route 355 and Gude Drive to access the event site. There are designated lots located on Shady Grove, Gaither and Choke Cherry Roads as well as on Piccard Drive. *The public has been informed not to park within the King Farm neighborhood
Staffing and Security: RCPD will be onsite directing vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
Road Closures: All closures begin on Monday, July 4th, 2022.