Association News – Friday, June 17th, 2022
Management Office Closed Monday 6/20 in Observance of Junteenth
In observance of Juneteenth (Sunday, June 19th), the Management Office will be closed on Monday, June 20th, 2022. We will resume normal business hours and reply to your emails on Tuesday, June 21st, 2022.
Juneteenth recognizes the end of slavery in the US, when the Emancipation Proclamation reached Texas (then the most remote Confederate state) on June 19, 1865. In July 2020, the Mayor and Council approved a resolution making Rockville the first municipality in Maryland to recognize Juneteenth as a paid city holiday.
Celebrate Juneteenth with Rockville & Montgomery County
Sat, June 18, 2022 (10:00 AM – 10:00 PM )
The City of Rockville will join Montgomery County to celebrate Juneteenth at a special event featuring live music, food, art, films and awards from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Saturday, June 18th at the BlackRock Center for the Arts, at 12901 Town Commons Drive in Germantown.
The Montgomery County Office of Human Rights coordinates the free event, which also features the Living Legends Awards honoring county residents who have helped shape the cultural heritage of the African American community. Look for a City of Rockville table and city representatives at the celebration.
Find more information and RSVP.
Upcoming June Committee Meetings
For information and to register, please go to the King Farm website for Zoom meeting links: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/.
Board of Trustees (BOT): Wed. 06/29/22 @ 7:30 PM *Rescheduled from the original date of 6/15.
Food Truck Friday Night
It’s Food Truck Friday, head to the Saddle Ridge Community Center at 300 Saddle Ridge Circle between 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. tonight where Giacomos Brick Oven Pizza will be set up on the lawn. There is no pre-order link for tonight.
See the list below for the upcoming schedule of when your favorite food trucks will be rolling into King Farm. Please remember due to weather and mechanical issues, trucks may decide to cancel.
June Food Truck Friday Schedule:
- June 24th – Silver & Son’s BBQ
Mosquito Control Application Notice – June 27-28, 2022
On Monday, June 27th and Tuesday, June 28th, 2022 (weather permitting), Community Landscape Services (CLS) will be on the property for the first application of mosquito control around the clubhouse area using ‘CedarCure’. Additionally, CLS will be applying an application of ammonium sulfate for PH balance for soil health.
SDS sheets are included in the attachment and all treated areas will be properly marked. If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact email@example.com.
The King Farm turf program has been organic since 2016. Please view the attached Application Notice for further details or visit the website under “Landscaping Updates”.
Summer Concert Series Returns to King Farm!
The Summer Concert Series are back in King Farm and you won’t want to miss the kick off of the summer concerts with ‘Fantasm’ next Saturday, June 25, 2022 from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm at the Saddle Ride Community Center lawn area (300 Saddle Ridge Circle).
Be sure to pack a picnic dinner, some cocktails, lawn chairs and bring the family and friends! For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
June Edition of the King Farm Chronicle
The June 2022 edition of the King Farm Chronicle is here and will be delivered to your doorsteps soon! Click hereto read the online version of the Chronicle. Please visit our website under Stay Informed / King Farm Chronicle to read past editions (https://kingfarm.org/king-farm-chronicle/).
This edition of the Chronicle has a special primary election voters guide. Be sure to check out page 8 to view the 2022 Maryland Primary Election Voter’s Guide.
Alley Apron/Paver Repairs Still Underway
The alley apron repairs are still underway. **Please be on the lookout for signage indicating where the work will take place.
Please keep in mind that this project is weather dependent. If inclement weather occurs, the work will be postponed (based on the number of rain days that occur) until the weather is acceptable. Crews may not have time to place new signage if inclement weather occurs.
As a result of the project, each alley undergoing work will be limited to the entrance/exit points. For example, if the entrance to the alley of 224 Watkins Pond Blvd. is scheduled for work the week of June 6th, residents will have to use the other alley entrance located at 200 Watkins Pond Blvd.
If you have questions, please contact the Management Office by phone at 301-987-0122 or by email at email@example.com. Project updates will be provided via email blast.
City, County, & State Updates
City of Rockville:
- Bulk Refuse Collection Suspended Due to County Incinerator Issues — Due to issues with the solid waste incinerator at the Montgomery County Resource Recovery Facility in Dickerson, the City of Rockville will not be collecting bulk refuse at this time. Scheduled bulk refuse collections are suspended until the county-owned facility resumes operations. Visit www.montgomerycountymd.gov/sws for updates about the status of the county facility. For more info, click here.
- City of Rockville Yard Waste Delays — The City of Rockville is taking action to address persistent delays in yard waste collections due to sever staffing shortages. Beginning on Saturday, June 11, the city will collect yard waste on Saturdays in all areas, citywide, that were missed throughout the week. If your yard waste was not collected during the week, please leave it at the curb by 6 a.m. for collection on Saturday. The city is recruiting sanitation workers and making every effort to bring staffing levels back to where we can once again resume regularly scheduled collections. To learn how to join our team, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/careers. For more information about city recycling, trash, yard waste and special collections, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/recycling-trash.
- Rockville City Police Department Invites You to Attend a Public Safety Town Hall Meeting — Come share your questions and concerns and be a part of the public safety conversation join Chief Victor V. Brito, members of the Rockville City Police Department, Montgomery County Police Department 1st District and Metro Transit Police Department, And City Of Rockville representatives, for a discussion about policing issues and the best way to communicate with the police. hear how your local law enforcement agencies are working together to keep Rockville communities safe.
- WHEN: Thursday, June 23, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
- WHERE: F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre (603 Edmonston Dr., Rockville, MD 20851)
- Open to the public this meeting will be broadcast live on Rockville 11, channel 11 on county cable, and livestreamed on the city of Rockville’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/cityofrockville. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or at www.rockvillemd.gov/police.
- Suds & Soles 5k This Saturday — Suds & Soles offers a 5K race for the entire family! The race winds through Rockville neighborhoods and ends in Town Center with beverages from local breweries and live music by Heads Up. Click here to register. street closures will take effect Saturday, June 18 in the Rockville Town Center area – click here to view the closures.
- Planning for fast, reliable bus service in North Bethesda — The North Bethesda Flash bus rapid transit planning study is underway to connect the Westfield Montgomery Mall transit center to either the White Flint or Grosvenor-Strathmore Metrorail station. Community input is sought on the project. You can offer comments in any of the following ways:
- Online: Attend one of four online chats to learn more and speak to project team members directly. Dates are below:
- Thursday, June 23, 11:30 am-1 pm. Register here
- Phone: Call 240-801-5794, through June 22.
- In person: Attend an in-person event, including on Monday, June 13, 5-7 pm, at Davis Library, 6400 Democracy Boulevard, Bethesda. Click here for other locations, dates and times.
- Survey: Take the survey for a chance to win $50. See the press release for additional information.
Key Fob Reminder – Needed to Access the Pools
Friendly reminder for all residents who want to use the pools this summer — please be sure to obtain a key fob (if you do not already have one) and update your information on file with the Management office so that you can access the community pools.
Due to the high volume of key fob requests, we are only handling key fob requests by appointment only with the Management office at this time. Please contact the Management Office by phone at (301) 987-0122 or by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment for a new or replacement key fob.
Key Fob Application Form:
If you need to obtain a key fob, please complete and submit the online application .: https://kingfarm.org/key-fob-application-form/. When you complete the application, please upload a copy of your driver’s license (and anyone else in your household who is applying) and a copy of your lease (if you are a tenant). Lastly, please be sure to list ALL members of your household who need to obtain a key fob.
Replacement Key Fobs:
If you lost your key fob or if you are an owner and your tenants never returned their key fobs, you can schedule an appointment for a replacement. Please note, replacement key fobs are $25.00 each.
**Any residents who are planning on moving or leaving the community should contact Management to return their key fobs.
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
The King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) is ending June with two events. On Wednesday, June 15th, the KFNV hosted a virtual Coffee & Conversation, where participants offered their favorite local places to visit in the summer and many wonderful memories were shared. The last KFNV June event will be the first ever field trip!
KFNV Field Trip To Glen Echo National Park – Thursday, June 23rd:
The KFNV hopes that you can join us at Glen Echo Park to learn about the history of the park, including the beautiful Dentzel Carousel, which celebrated its 100th birthday last year, and to be part of the very first KFNV field trip.
- WHO: All members of the King Farm community are invited. (KFNV membership is not required).
- WHAT: A guided walking tour of Glen Echo National Park by a Park Ranger.
- WHERE: 7300 Macarthur Blvd, Glen Echo, MD 20812
- WHEN: Thursday, June 23rd – meeting as a group in front of the carousel at 1:45 pm for the 2:00 pm tour (look for the park ranger to find the KFNV group).
- Tour info: The walking tour will start promptly at 2:00 pm and will last approximately 45 minutes. If you would like to take a ride on the Carousel, please arrange to be at the Carousel by at least 1:30 pm.
- Parking: The walking tour path is both wheelchair & walker accessible. Parking is off MacArthur Blvd. Handicap parking is available with a short walking distance to the park entrance.
**In the event of inclement weather, the tour will be rescheduled. If you have any questions about the tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104.
The KFNV is continuing to build its community services program with:
- Transportation to appointments,
- Friendly phone calls,
- Friendly visits, and
- One new service – simple household tasks.
The KFNV has given members rides to various appointments and has successfully fulfilled its first simple household task. To schedule any of the above services or for questions, please contact KFNV or complete the online form. Please note, services are available to KFNV members only.
KFNV CONTACT INFORMATION
Please visit the KFNV website and take a look at the Blog (under the News section) for articles about upcoming and past events and other relevant KFNV news. Additionally, both the Movie Club and Book Club welcome new members.
Most KFNV monthly events require membership to participate; however, membership is a free and and easy process. To join, you will need to fill out either the online or mail-in form and no fee is required. The KFNV does, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of services and events.
For information on how to register for any of the aforementioned events, to request a KFNV service, become a member, or to make a donation, please contact the Operations Coordinator via email at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104.
RCPD News Report: June 09, 2022 to June 16, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!