Food Truck Friday
It’s Food Truck Friday night and our friends at O’Boy Pizza will be parked around 300 Saddle Ridge Circle from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Be sure to stop by if your are looking for dinner tonight!
October Food Truck Schedule
- Friday, October 8 – Bangin BBQ
- Friday, October 15 – Trippy Tacos
- Friday, October 22 – No Food Truck
- Friday, October 29 – Big Greek on Wheels
*Food trucks are subject to change and cancel due to weather and other issues beyond our control.
No Parking – Fall Festival Reminder
The King Farm Fall Festival is this Sunday, October 3, 2021. Police will close off ALL of Saddle Ridge Circle and portions of Saddle Ridge Lane, Reserve Champion Drive, Game Creek Dr and Thompson Dairy Way to all parking and traffic from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please remove your vehicle to your alley or garage if parked in front of your home or on any of these streets by 9:00 am this Sunday, October 3, 2021. No Parking signs will be posted in the affected areas.
Thanks for your cooperation and see you at the festival!!!
King Farm Fall Festival Is Sunday!!!
The King Farm Fall Festival is this Sunday, October 3, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Saddle Ridge Community Center lawn area and surrounding streets of Saddle Ridge Circle. .
The Fall Festival will feature plenty of free activities for neighbors and visitors of all ages. Enjoy a horse-drawn hayride around Saddle Ridge Circle, moonbounces, rides, obstacles course inflatables for all ages, a climbing rock wall, the return of scarecrow making, pumpkin decorating, a live petting zoo, glitter tattoos and more! There will not be a Business Expo of local vendors set up this year, but we hope to welcome them back in 2022.
This year’s event WILL feature some of our favorite food trucks and local food vendors selling their tasty festival foods. There is sure to be something for everyone to enjoy. All food and beverage purchases will require a fee, so be sure to bring your wallet and support the food vendors. We will also welcome True Respite Brewing to the Festival this year, our 2021 beer vendor sponsor!! So be sure to stop by their booth for a taste of their Fall brews.
The majority of Saddle Ridge Circle, Saddle Ridge Lane as well as areas around the Saddle Ridge Community Center will be closed to all traffic from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Residents are encouraged to walk to the event or find parking on adjacent streets. Overflow parking will be located at Safeway in the King Farm Village Center, walk into the event via Thompson Dairy Way.
We hope to see everyone at this year’s Fall Festival fun on Sunday!!!!
New York City Holiday Day Trip
NYC is back open, and Broadway, the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and other holiday activities are set to return to the Big Apple, and King Farm has scheduled the annual holiday bus trip to New York City. A chartered bus will leave King Farm’s Saddle Ridge Community Center on Saturday, December 4, 2021, at 6:00 a.m. and will arrive in the heart of Rockefeller Center around 11:00 a.m. Residents will then be on their own to see the sights, catch a show, do a little holiday shopping, or just find a great place to eat. The bus will leave New York at 8:00 p.m. that evening and will arrive back in King Farm after midnight.
There are some rules and mandates in place for this year’s trip. As New York City has strict COVID-19 protocols, including the “Key to NYC Pass,” which, as of now, requires people age 12 and older to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine for entering restaurants, event spaces, bars, nightclubs, coffee shops, fast food and quick service locations with indoor dining, as well as movie theaters, music, and concert venues, including Broadway, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas.
To be eligible for this year’s King Farm NYC Bus Trip:
· All attendees over the age of 12 must have had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and will be required to show proof of vaccination card at time of morning entry onto the bus.
-Children are permitted to attend but must be free from needing a car/booster seat.
·You will be required to wear a face mask the entire time while riding on the bus, for the health and wellbeing of yourself and other guests.
·We will be taking temperature checks upon first early morning entry onto the bus.
·We will not be filling the buses at full capacity to maintain some sort of social distancing for passengers.
·There are no exceptions to this year’s rules.
The cost to participate in the bus trip is $48.00 per person, this registration fee is non-refundable, unless you cancel at least 5 days prior to the trip. To register please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form. DO NOT just take or send money to the King Farm Management Office. Upon receipt of your e-mail, you will be given directions to submit your registration form and payment. This event is open to all King Farm residents and one (1) non-resident guest.
2022 Draft Budget
The initial 2022 draft budget is complete and there is no increase for the 2022 fiscal year.
The Budget & Finance Committee will host an open meeting via zoom to discuss the proposed budget. The meeting will be held on Monday, October 11th at 7:00 pm. See link below to register or visit our website to register (https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/). To View the Draft 2022 Budget, please visit the resident portal or click here.
Zoom Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAlceiuqD4iH9FDcP5mydw_FoXfkKZHsgQo
Comments or questions can be sent via email to email@example.com. Comments will be shared with the Budget & Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees is expected to vote on the 2022 Draft Budget at the October 27, 2021 or the November 17, 2021 Board Meeting.
King Farm Sweep the Creek Clean-Up Event
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16th, 2021 – 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Pre-registration required by City of Rockville
MCPS Student learning hours approved
Register with Kate Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join your community in cleaning up Watts Branch Creek and Watkins Pond!
MEET AT KING FARM PARK, corner of Deer Meadow Lane and Trotter Farm Drive, near the rest rooms, playground, and tennis courts.
Upcoming City of Rockville Public Hearing – October 4th
The Mayor and Council will hold a public hearing, 7:00 PM Monday, October 4th, on an application for a proposed residential development at 16200 Frederick Road, the King Buick auto dealership.
The application is to transform 16160/16200 Frederick Road to allow for up to 370 dwelling units, walking paths, and open and park space, on the 20.35-acre site. A 10.3-acre section of the site that sits in Montgomery County is under consideration by the Mayor and Council for annexation into the city.
HOW TO TAKE PART:
To submit comments, email email@example.com, or write to the City Clerk’s Office, 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville, Maryland, 20850, by 10:00 am the day of the public hearing. Those submitting testimony should provide their names and addresses.
To sign up to testify virtually during the hearing, send your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 10:00 am the day of the meeting.
All comments will be acknowledged by the Mayor and Council at the meeting and added to the agenda for public viewing at www.rockvillemd.gov/AgendaCenter. Agendas are typically posted a few days before the meeting.
To practice responsible social distancing, Mayor and Council meetings are conducted by teleconference and broadcast on Rockville 11, channel 11 on county cable, livestreamed at www.rockvillemd.gov/rockville11, and available a day after each meeting at www.rockvillemd.gov/videoondemand.
Community Inspections Reminder
Friendly reminder that the community-wide inspections are still in progress and there is still time to address any outstanding maintenance items before final notices are issued. Final notices will be mailed soon and after that time, the Board of Code Compliance Committee (BOCC) will begin holding hearings for those who received final notices and have not taken any actions to address the violations.
Please visit the website under Home Improvement / Property Inspections for instructions on how to contest the findings (if needed) and for an overview of the inspection cycle and process (https://kingfarm.org/annual-property-inspections/).
Contact Management with any questions via email at email@example.com or call (301) 987-0122.
Upcoming Board and Committee Meetings:
Due to COVID-19, all King Farm meetings have been held virtually since March of 2020. But now you can easily find the Zoom registration links to all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online. Visit the King Farm website under the “Board & Committees” dropdown and click “Zoom Meeting Links” to register for any upcoming meetings that interest you (https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/). Information about upcoming board and committee meetings can also be found in the King Farm Chronicle (https://kingfarm.org/king-farm-chronicle/)
To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). As part of the registration process, registrants must submit their contact information (name, street address, email, and phone number) and select yes or no if they would like to speak during open forum. If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about.
**If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT) – Wednesday 10/13/2021 – 4:30 PM
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC) – Monday 10/18/2021 – 7:00 PM
- Board of Trustees (BOT) – Wednesday 10/27/2021 – 7:30 PM
- Budget & Finance – Monday 10/11/2021 – 7:00 PM
- External Affairs Committee – No Meeting Scheduled*
Zoom Meeting Registration Links: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/
*Meetings are for King Farm Titleholders and Citizens only. Registrants will be verified to ensure participants are titleholders/citizens.
King Farm Neighbors Village News
King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) has a full schedule set for October with four virtual events:
- Thursday, October 7th from 2:00 – 3:15 pm, the KFNV Movie Club will review the movie, The Two Popes, a 2019 biographical drama directed by Fernando Meirelles and written by Anthony McCarten. The film stars Anthony Hopkins as Pope Benedict XVI who tries to convince Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio (the future Pope Francis) played by Jonathan Pryce to reconsider his decision to resign as an archbishop while confiding in Bergoglio that he is planning to abdicate his papal role. The performances of Hopkins and Pryce as well as the screenplay received high praise from the critics. Even more interesting is the casting of Mr. Pryce as Pope Francis; for Mr. Pryce is a dead ringer for Pope Francis;
- Thursday, October 14th from 12:30 – 2:00 pm, the KFNV Book Club will meet via Zoom to discuss the novel, Have You Seen Luis Velez? By prolific author Catherine Ryan Hyde, the novel tells the beautiful story of the relationship between an elderly, blind Holocaust survivor and a teen boy who feels like he doesn’t fit in anywhere. As one reviewer described the book,” …A tender tale of new families born of chance and the determination to bring light into darkness.” Kirkus;
- Coffee and Conversation —Wednesday, October 20th from 10:00-11:00 am, where Patricia Dubroof will facilitate a memory- making game session, and finally;
- On Thursday, October 28th from 3:00 – 4:00 pm Ralph Buglass on behalf of Peerless Rockville, Rockville’s historic preservation organization, will present “History of the C & O Canal.” Mr. Buglass is a speaker for Montgomery History, the county’s historical society, as well as a volunteer researcher for Peerless Rockville, the city’s historic preservation organization. With Peerless Rockville, Mr. Buglass recently published a pictorial history of Rockville as part of the nationwide “Images of America” series. Mr. Buglass has spoken and taught on a variety of local history topics at various lifelong learning programs around the area. He is a Montgomery County native, graduate of Winston Churchill High School, has a BA in American history from Cornell, and a Master’s Degree in journalism from American University. The KFNV cordially invites all members of the King Farm community to this event, as KFNV membership is not required for virtual attendance at this presentation.
Please visit the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org for a complete description of the September KFNV events. In addition, the KFNV Blog under the News section of the website has articles about past events as well as news relevant to the KFNV community. Also, both the Movie Club and Book Club welcome new members. Finally, as was noted above membership is necessary to participate in the Octoberfest Beer and Chocolate virtual tasting. Please see below for KFNV membership details.
How to Contact KFNV:
For most of our monthly events, membership is required; but membership is free and as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form. We do, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Member Coordinators at email@example.com, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
Voicemail: (301) 799-8104
RCPD News Report: September 20, 2021 to September 26, 2021
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!