Association News – Friday, July 22, 2022
Summer Board & Committee Meetings
Due to COVID-19, all King Farm meetings have been held virtually since March of 2020. Since May of 2022, BOT meetings have been held in a hybrid fashion — allowing the Trustees to meet in person, while still engaging with residents via zoom webinar. Residents can easily find the Zoom registration links for all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online by visiting King Farm website under the “Board & Committees” dropdown / “Zoom Meeting Links” page (https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/).
Information about upcoming board and committee meetings can also be found in the King Farm Chronicle (https://kingfarm.org/king-farm-chronicle/). To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). As part of the registration process, registrants must submit their contact information (name, street address, email, and phone number) and select yes or no if they would like to speak during open forum. If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about.
**If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting and for all other questions, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Board of Trustees (BOT): Wed. July 27th @ 7:30 PM
- Rescheduled from the original date of 7/20
- To view the electronic version of the July Draft Agenda, please click here or visit the FrontSteps Resident Portal under the Board of Trustees (BOT) folder / BOT Agendas.
- To view the electronic version of the July Resident Board Book, please click here or visit the FrontSteps Resident Portal under the Board of Trustees (BOT) folder / BOT Resident Board Books.
- Board of Trustees (BOT): *No meeting held in August*
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT): Wed. Aug. 3rd @ 4:30 PM
- Rescheduled from the original date of 8/10
- Rescheduled from the original date of 8/10
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC): Mon. Aug. 8th @ 7:00 PM
- External Affairs: Thurs. Aug. 4th @ 7:30 PM
Food Truck Friday Night
It’s Food Truck Friday and our friends at Pop Up Poutine will be back tonight from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. They will be parked around the Saddle Ridge Community Center – 300 Saddle Ridge Circle. There is no pre-order link for tonight.
July Food Truck Schedule
- July 22 – Pop Up Poutine
- July 23 – PhoWheels – Concert on the Lawn Night
- July 29 – Banging BBQ
*Food Trucks may cancel with short notice due to weather or mechanical issues.
King Farm Summer Concert Series Tomorrow Night
The King Farm Summer Concert Series returns this Saturday with the band “Kittyback,” a newcomer to the Saddle Ridge concert stage . Come bring your lawn chairs, blankets, family and friends for a fun night of music on the lawn at 300 Saddle Ridge Circle.
Our friends at True Respite Brewing will be selling their summer brews and beverages and PhoWheels DC will be selling food.
To pre-order your food order for Saturday night, please use this link.
Mosquito Control Application Notice – July 29, 2022
On Friday, July 29th, 2022 (weather permitting), Community Landscape Services (CLS) will be on the property for the second (2nd) application of mosquito control around the clubhouse area using ‘CedarCure‘.
SDS sheets are included in the attachment and all treated areas will be properly marked. If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact email@example.com.
The King Farm turf program has been organic since 2016. Please view the attached Application Notice for further details or visit the website under “Landscaping Updates“.
King Farm Fall Festival Business Fair Now Accepting Vendors
The King Farm Fall Festival in Rockville will be back for 2022!! This year’s event will be held on Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (with a rain date of Sunday, October 16, 2022).
The Fall Festival is King Farm’s biggest event of the year with thousands of people attending and this year we expect an even bigger crowd. There will be free children’s activities, live music, food vendors, horse-drawn hayrides, a pumpkin painting, scarecrow fun, inflatables for children and the popular Business Fair.
Registration is now open for your business to gain exposure to thousands of King Farm residents by taking part in the Business Fair. If you are interested in participating this year, please do not delay as there is a limited number of booth spaces this year.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a Fall Festival Business Fair packet!
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
The King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) s continuing its July schedule of events with the following:
1. On Wednesday, July 20th from 10:00 to 11:30 am, the KFNV Coffee and Conversation group met for the first time in person since the beginning of the pandemic and discussed the apt question: What have you learned from the pandemic, and should we do differently in the future? Participants were happy to be gathering together in person once again.
2. On Thursday, July 28th from 7:00 to 8:30 pm in the King Farm community center, the KFNV will host as its highlight event – “Bingo in the Center”—where the KFNV invites all members of the King Farm community, especially bingo enthusiasts, to join the KFNV for this inaugural bingo event. You will not only get an opportunity to hone your bingo skills, but also to mingle and converse with your fellow King Farmers. We hope to see many of our fellow King Farm residents at this event; but since space is limited in the community center, we will be required to limit the number of participants. Therefore, if you’re interested in attending, please reserve your spot as soon as possible. Finally, if you need transportation to the Community Center for this event, please contact the KFNV Operations Coordinator at email@example.com, or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104. Please note that although “Bingo in the Center” is open to all King Farm community members, the KFNV can only fulfill transportation requests for those that are KFNV members. Please see below for how to easily become a KFNV member.
Please note that the KFNV Book Club, Movie Club, and Coffee and Conversation will meet in hybrid form—both in-person and virtually. Specifically, the KFNV has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for these in-person meetings. In accordance with policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors, people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations. Wearing a mask is optional. For those unable to join in-person, the KFNV will offer a Zoom option. Finally, the KFNV offers transportation to any of its monthly meetings for KFNV members. Please contact the operations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104 to arrange for transportation.
The KFNV is continuing to build its community services program with:
- Transportation to appointments,
- Friendly phone calls,
- Friendly visits, and
- One new service – simple household tasks.
To schedule any of the above services or for questions, please contact KFNV or complete the online form. Please note, services are available to KFNV members only.
Please feel free to avail yourself of these KFNV services, especially the new service-simple household tasks. Examples of this service range from moving tiles from a condominium apartment to an outside garage to changing light bulbs that are out of reach. Please see below on how to contact the KFNV to schedule any of the services or with any questions that you may have about the services. Also, note that services are open to KFNV members only; however, membership is free and an easy process. Just below is information on how to become a member of the KFNV.
KFNV CONTACT INFORMATION
For most of the KFNV monthly events, membership is required; but membership is as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form. Although there is no fee to become a KFNV member, the KFNV does, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to request a service, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
RCPD News Report: July 12, 2022 to July 19, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!