Association News – Friday, July 1st, 2022
Management Office Closed on Monday July 4th, 2022
In observance of Independence Day, the Management Office will be closed on Monday, July 4th, 2022. We will resume normal business hours and reply to your emails on Tuesday, July 5th, 2022.
We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!
Upcoming June Board of Trustees Meeting
For information and to register, please go to the King Farm website for Zoom meeting links: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/.
- Board of Trustees (BOT): Wed. July 27th @ 7:30 PM
- Rescheduled from the original date of 7/20
- Rescheduled from the original date of 7/20
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT): *Cancelled
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC): Mon. July 11th @ 7:00 PM
- External Affairs: Thurs. July 7th @ 7:30 PM
- Board of Trustees (BOT): *No meeting held in August*
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT): Wed. Aug. 3rd @ 4:30 PM
- Rescheduled from the original date of 8/10
- Rescheduled from the original date of 8/10
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC): Mon. Aug. 11th @ 7:00 PM
- External Affairs: Thurs. Aug. 4th @ 7:30 PM
Food Truck Friday Night – Holiday Hiatus
Due to the holiday weekend, there will be no Food Truck Friday tonight, but stay tuned for next week, our friends at PhoWheels DC will be back on Friday, July 8 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m
King Farm Independence Day Parade & Carnival this Monday!
Get your red, white and blue, and join your friends and neighbors for the Annual Community Parade & Carnival in celebration of Independence Day, this Monday, July 4th! Decorate those strollers, and bicycles and head to the corner of Watkins Pond Boulevard at King Farm Park at 11:45 a.m. for the annual parade to the Saddle Ridge Community Center. The parade will start at noon/12:00 p.m.
Once the parade arrives at the Saddle Ridge Community Center (300 Saddle Ridge Circle) a carnival will be set up and waiting for the children on the lawn and in the rear parking lot of the Saddle Ridge Community Center following the parade until 2:00 p.m. The carnival will include giant inflatables, face-painting and fun! The King Farm Screamin’ Geese Swim Team will be selling concessions during the carnival on the lawn.
Attendees will be required to adhere to any local Montgomery County COVID-19 mask mandates that may be in effect of the time of the event while attending all outdoor King Farm activities and events. In the event of rain, this event will be moved to Sunday, July 3, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Let’s break another record crowd for attendance this year and get ready to parade and carnival in celebration of Independence Day.
Rockville’s July 4th Celebration Return to Mattie Park – Be Prepared for Road Closures in King Farm!
The City of Rockville’s Independence Day Celebration is scheduled for Monday, July 4th, 2022 (no rain date) starting at 7:00 pm at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park, 1800 Piccard Drive.
Due to the celebration, there will be road closures throughout the King Farm area. For more information about the Independence Day Celebration and road closures, please visit the City’s website: https://www.rockvillemd.gov/663/Independence-Day.
Park Access: There is limited access to parts of the park Friday, July 1st – Tuesday, July 5th.
- Dog Park: Closed at 7:00 am on Friday, July 1st until 11:00 am on Tuesday, July 5th.
- Fireworks Safety Zone (includes football fields, tennis courts, playground, and parking lots): Closed at 7:00 am on Sunday, July 3rd until 11:00 am on Tuesday, July 5th.
Resident Access: Please see instructions below to enter and exit the King Farm community. Each resident in the GREEN and PURPLE zones will receive four (4) access passes, which will be mailed along with a letter from the City, to affected residents.
- Please display these passes in your dash and provide them to guests the day of the event so you can move freely in and out of the community.
- If you DO NOT live in the green and purple zones you WILL NOT receive access passes and therefore, you will be able to freely access your home using any open road.
- After the event, access to the northern neighborhood entrances may be temporarily shut down while event attendees exit the site.
Public Parking: The City is instructing event attendees to use main roads including Shady Grove Road, Route 355 and Gude Drive to access the event site. There are designated lots located on Shady Grove, Gaither and Choke Cherry Roads as well as on Piccard Drive. *The public has been informed not to park within the King Farm neighborhood.
Staffing and Security: RCPD will be onsite directing vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
Road Closures: All closures begin on Monday, July 4th, 2022.
City of Rockville – Independence Day Yard Waste Pickup Update and Closure in Town Center
In observance of Independence Day, City Hall and the following city facilities will be closed: Lincoln Park, Thomas Farm and Twinbrook community centers; the Rockville Senior Center; Croydon Creek Nature Center and the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre and box office, which are closed Mondays; Glenview Mansion and the Rockville Civic Center business office. The Rockville Swim and Fitness Center will close at 6 p.m. Find summer hours for individual swim center facilities at www.rockvillemd.gov/swimcenter. The Rockville Skate Park will be open.
Recycling and Trash:
No pickup on Independence Day (Monday, July 4). Recycling and trash pickup will be one day later than usual. See the graphic for more information, or visit www.rockvillemd.gov/301/Holiday-Schedules.
Yard Waste Pickup Update:
The city is collecting yard waste on Saturdays in all areas, citywide, that were missed throughout the week. If your yard waste was not collected during the week, please leave it at the curb by 6:00 AM for collection on Saturday.
Collection delays are expected to continue throughout summer. Many jurisdictions, both regionally and nationally, are confronting this challenge as the solid waste industry faces a severe shortage of operators with commercial driver’s licenses. Rockville understands the importance of routine yard waste collections and is making every effort to provide this weekly service.
Street Closure Alert – July 7th:
There will be street closures in Rockville Town Center from 6:00 am – 4:00 pm on Thursday, July 7th for the Montgomery County Department of Police’s 100th anniversary celebration.
General Tree Maintenance/Replacement Responsibility –
Silver Glade Trees & Emerald Ash Borer
There have been concerns raised about the recent (diseased) trees removed in the community, specifically on Silver Glade Place.
Please use the link below to read the Memo from Management regarding the diseased trees and the Emerald Ash Borer and declining trees information.
If you have any questions, please contact the Management Office.
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
The King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) was so looking forward to hosting its first field trip to Glen Echo National Park; however, the weather had a different idea. Due to inclement weather conditions, the Glen Echo Walking tour was cancelled yesterday. The KFNV is hoping to be able to reschedule the trip during the fall.
Looking forward to July, the KFNV has the following events scheduled:
- On Thursday, July 7th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm, the KFNV Movie Club will meet to discuss the 2021 movie, King Richard, which stars Will Smith as Richard Williams the father and coach of tennis phenoms, Serena and Venus Williams;
- On Thursday, July 14th from 12:30-2:00 pm, the KFNV Book Club will review the book The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead. This novel is based upon the real story of a sadistic and cruel reform school that operated in Florida for 111 years and devastated the lives of thousands of children; and
- On Wednesday, July 20th from 10:00 to 11:30 am, the KFNV Coffee and Conversation group will answer the question: What have you learned from the pandemic, and should we do differently in the future? This is an especially apt topic for the KFNV Coffee and Conversation participants because this will be the first meeting since 2020 that the Coffee and Conversation participants will be meeting in person; and finally,
- On Thursday, July 28th from 7:00 to 8:30 pm in the King Farm community center, the KFNV will host as its highlight event – “Bingo in the Center”—where the KFNV invites all members of the King Farm community, especially bingo enthusiasts, to join the KFNV for this inaugural bingo event. You will not only get an opportunity to hone your bingo skills, but also to mingle and converse with your fellow King Farmers. We hope to see many of our fellow King Farm residents at this event; but since space is limited in the community center, we will be required to limit the number of participants. Therefore, if you’re interested in attending, please reserve your spot as soon as possible.
Please note that the KFNV Book Club, Movie Club, and Coffee and Conversation will meet in hybrid form—both in-person and virtually. Specifically, the KFNV has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for these in-person meetings. In accordance with policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors, people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations. Wearing a mask is optional. For those unable to join in-person, the KFNV will offer a Zoom option.
The KFNV is continuing to build its community services program with:
- Transportation to appointments,
- Friendly phone calls,
- Friendly visits, and
- One new service – simple household tasks.
The KFNV has given members rides to various appointments and has successfully fulfilled its first simple household task. To schedule any of the above services or for questions, please contact KFNV or complete the online form. Please note, services are available to KFNV members only.
KFNV CONTACT INFORMATION
Please visit the KFNV website and take a look at the Blog (under the News section) for articles about upcoming and past events and other relevant KFNV news. Additionally, both the Movie Club and Book Club welcome new members.
Most KFNV monthly events require membership to participate; however, membership is a free and and easy process. To join, you will need to fill out either the online or mail-in form and no fee is required. The KFNV does, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of services and events.
For information on how to register for any of the aforementioned events, to request a KFNV service, become a member, or to make a donation, please contact the Operations Coordinator via email at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104.
RCPD News Report: June 21, 2022 to June 28, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!