Food Truck Friday Kicks Off Tonight
The King Farm community would like to help support our local vendors and provide a fun dinner option for our neighbors. Food Truck Friday will be kicking off this Friday, November 13, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. around the Saddle Ridge Circle (300 Saddle Ridge Circle) with Fat Pete’s BBQ Truck. Fat Pete’s BBQ truck will be parked around the Circle and will feature pulled chopped brisket, pulled pork or pulled chicken sandwiches and sides like baked beans, mac & cheese, collard greens, cornbread or slaw.
Food Truck Friday Schedule
- Friday, November 13 – Fat Pete’s BBQ Truck
- Friday, November 20 – Pop Up Poutine Truck
- Friday, November 27 – Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend – no food truck
If you are looking for dinner on Friday night, be sure to swing around Saddle Ridge Circle and pick up some BBQ! We hope to add more food trucks to our line up throughout the next few weeks! We ask all attendees to wear masks and social-distance while standing in line.
Troop 472-B, Troop 472-G & Troop 1450 Food Drive This Sunday
Local food banks are being overwhelmed and the need is greater than ever! Scouts of Rockville Troops 472-B, 472-G, & 1450 will be collecting food donations this Sunday, November 15, 2020 for St. Martin of Tours Food Pantry in Gaithersburg. To donate, please place non-perishable food items in a bag or box and leave your donation at your front door, in clear view from the street by 12:00 p.m. this Sunday, November 15.
Alternatively, donations may also be dropped off any time this week into the donation box at 408 Watkins Pond Blvd or taken to the 300 Saddle Ridge Circle parking lot or Mattie Stepanek Park parking lot Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
SUGGESTED FOODS (in order of need)
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned Fruit
- Dry unsweetened cereal
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Soup
- Ramen / dry soup
- Add-ins (Crackers, cookies, etc)
- Mac and Cheese
- Tuna/meat/fish canned
- Canned beans
- Meals in a Can – (stew/canned pasta/chili/etc.)
- Peanut butter and jelly are always welcome.
- PediaSure for children and Ensure for adults are both requested.
- Baby formula, baby food #2, #5 diapers, and baby wipes are needed.
- Plastic grocery bags and plastic newspaper bags are also needed.
Interested in Scouts-BSA (boys & girls ages 11-17)? Check us out!
Troop 472-Boys meets Thur. at St. Mary’s School (email@example.com)
Troop 472-Girls meets Thur. at St. Mary’s School (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Troop 1450 meets Thur. at College Gardens Elem. (email@example.com)
November Committee Meetings
Board of Trustees Meeting: Wed, Nov. 18 at 7:30 p.m. (Zoom meeting)
Please use the links above to register for each meeting that you wish to attend. There will be open forum – limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident. Please indicate on your registration form if you wish to sign-up for open forum or email management@kingfarm to sign-up (for open forum).
Registration links can also be accessed via the King Farm website (www.kingfarm.org) by visiting each committee’s webpage (https://kingfarm.org/committees/). You can access committee agendas/meeting minutes by going to the committee webpage or via the internal documents in the FrontSteps resident portal. Updated agendas will be shared prior to the meeting. If you need assistance accessing documents, please call or email management at (301) 987-0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leaf Collection Begins in King Farm November 16th
Rockville vacuums leaves from neighborhood curbs twice a year, in early April and between October and December. Leaf collection will begin the week of November 16 through November 20 in King Farm. Residents are asked to:
·Rake leaves by 6 a.m. on the first day of the collection period, but no earlier than one week before the collection dates to avoid grass damage or fire hazards.
·Rake leaves into the gutter or immediately adjacent to the pavement if no curb or gutter exists. Avoid piling leaves in bike lanes or where vehicles are parked.
·Remove all sticks, grass clippings and other large objects from leaf pile.
·Do not use any plastic bags or dump any yard waste or leaves in storm drains.
If city crews are unable to complete an area during the scheduled collection week, they will continue working on the unfinished portion on the following Saturday.
See interactive map at www.rockvillemd.gov/leafcollection
To protect the health and safety of the office staff and residents, The Management Office (Saddle Ridge Community Center) remains closed to residents. We do not allow walk-ins and we are seeing residents by appointment only at this time. Please call or email to schedule an appointment and wear a mask upon arrival to your appointment.
Contact Info: 301-987-0122 or email@example.com
Appointment Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Monday – Thursday)
OFFICE HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Monday – Thursday) & 8:30 am to 2:00 pm (Friday)
The pool is closed for the season, but residents can still obtain a King Farm Key Fob. Please contact management to schedule an appointment to obtain key fob(s). For more information, please visit the King Farm website: https://kingfarm.org/. Under the ‘Resident Resources’ drop-down menu, click on “Key Fobs”.
King Farm Neighbors Village News
There are lots of things going on in November in King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV). Specifically, so far this November King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) has engaged in its monthly virtual Book Club on Thursday, November 12 with a discussion of the book, Educated. Seven members enjoyed a thought-provoking discussion of Tara Westover’s New York Times Bestseller memoir about growing up and breaking out of her insolated upbringing in Utah.
- Next week, KFNV will be hosting via Zoom Coffee and Conversation on Wednesday, November 18 where the topic will be your favorite Thanksgiving holiday food or tradition.
Last but not least, (and technically in December) is our December Highlight Event:
- Bonbons and Beer a/k/a Chocolate and Beer Tasting, led by the staff from True Respite Brewing Co. and The Chocolatier’s Palette on Friday, December 4 from 7:30 p.m. to approximately 9:00 p.m. KFNV will cover the cost of the beer and chocolate tasting kits—one per family– for members who sign up for the virtual Zoom event as well as deliver the kits to these members. November 20, 2020, is the latest that members can register for this event.
We invite all community members to join the KFNV and participate in our monthly events. Membership is free; however, we accept donations that help defray the cost of events and services like Bonbons and Beer. Please consider supporting the KFNV when thinking of your year-end charitable contributions. For information on how to become a KFNV member, to make a contribution, or to register for any of the above events, please contact the Member Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a voicemail or view the KFNV website.
Voicemail: (301) 799-8104
City, County, and State Updates:
Montgomery County Reinstates COVID-19 Restrictions
- The Montgomery County Council approved an executive order reinstating COVID-19 restrictions effective 5:00 p.m. on November 11, 2020.
The following restrictions are now in effect:
• Restaurant capacity is reduced to 25%. This goes for gyms/fitness facilities, retail stores, museums, religious facilities, and personal service shops (hair salons, nail salons, massage parlors, barbershops).
• Gatherings can no longer exceed 25 people.
• Childcare facilities will remain at Phase 2 levels.
• Late night alcohol sales (previously allowed from 10:00pm to midnight) will be suspended.
Additional links and information about COVID-19 can be found below.
RCPD News Report: November 1, 2020 – November 8, 2020
Click here to read the weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!