Food Truck Friday Night
Food Truck Friday is back! Tonight head to the Saddle Ridge Community Center at 300 Saddle Ridge Circle between 5:00 — 7:00 pm as the Corned Beef King returns with Greek salads, pitas, bowls, and more. The truck will be parked around the Circle ready to sell and serve to you!
See the list below for the upcoming schedule of when your favorite food trucks will be rolling into King Farm:
Food Truck Friday Schedule:
- Friday, May 7 – Corned Beef King
- Friday, May 14 – Trippy Tacos
- Friday, May 21 – Fat Pete’s BBQ
- Friday, May 28 – Julia’s Gourmet
- Saturday, May 29 – Giacomos Brick Oven Pizza
May Edition of the King Farm Chronicle
Click here to read the May 2021 King Farm Chronicle.
For more information about the Chronicle, please visit the Chronicle page on our website: https://kingfarm.org/chronicle/
Upcoming Board and Committee Meetings
Due to COVID-19, all King Farm meetings have been held virtually since March of 2020. But now you can easily find the Zoom registration links to all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online. Visit the King Farm website under the “Board & Committees” dropdown and click “Zoom Meeting Links” to register for any upcoming meetings that interest you.
To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). As part of the registration process, registrants must submit their contact information (name, street address, email, and phone number) and select yes or no if they would like to speak during open forum. If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about.
**If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT) – Wednesday 5/12/2021 – 4:30 PM
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC) – Monday 5/10/2021 – 5:30 PM
- Board of Trustees (BOT) – Wednesday 5/19/2021 – 7:30 PM
- External Affairs Committee – Monday 5/17/2021 – 7:00 PM
Zoom Meeting Links: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/
*Meetings are for King Farm Titleholders and Citizens only. Registrants will be verified to ensure participants are titleholders/citizens.
King Farm Annual Election Update
The King Farm Citizens Assembly held its Annual Meeting of the Membership and Election virtually on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021. During the meeting, the vote counts for the candidates were announced, however, the vote counts were inadvertently mixed up and read incorrectly. The correct vote counts can be found below and on the King Farm website. We apologize for any confusion.
The King Farm Board of Trustees election results were tallied and certified. 365 residents cast their vote and congratulations to the winners:
- Sue Beckerman – 336 votes
- Ric Ricciardi – 335 votes
- Matthew Roh – 346 votes
King Farm Neighbors Village News
May is looking to be a busy month for KFNV with the following events via Zoom:
1. Book Club on Thursday, May 13th from 12:30 – 2:15 pm: The book Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks will be discussed. Year of Wonders tells the story of the Bubonic Plague in an isolated village in England, Eyam Derbyshire. One of the KFNV members, Terri Parkinson, who has visited Eyam will lead the Book Club discussion with information about Eyam as well as pictures of this quaint village.
2. Coffee and Conversation on Wednesday, May 19th at 10:00 am: The discussion will revolve around favorite Mothers’ Day memories.
3. A Musical Highlight Event on Thursday, May 27th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm: Wendy Lanxner, a professional musician, teacher, music therapist, composer, and arts-in-health practitioner, will provide the KFNV participants with an afternoon musical interlude. Ms. Lanner’s virtual show will include her performance on some of the various instruments that she plays like flute, guitar, sax, and bass as well as a sing-a-long with songs suggested by the audience. Please join the KFNV for this musical highlight event. It will be a great and relaxing way to end the day —especially with your favorite beverage of choice.
How to Contact KFNV:
For most of our monthly events, membership is required; but membership is free and as easy as filling out an online or mail-in form. We do, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Member Coordinators at email@example.com, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
- Website: https://www.kfnv.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingfarmneighborsvillage
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (301) 799-8104
City, County, and State Updates:
Maryland Residents 16-and Over Now Eligible to Receive COVID-19 Vaccinations
“All Maryland residents 16-and-over are now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination at all State-operated, County-operated and privately operated vaccine clinics in the State by order of Governor Larry Hogan. Eligibility does not equal an immediate appointment.
Click here to register for your COVID-19 appointment in Montgomery County.
Mt. Calvary Church Vaccination Site Taking Walk-Ins
Being vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself and those around you against COVID-19 virus. This Saturday May 8, there will be a vaccination clinic at Mt Calvary Baptist Church. Holy Cross, the health partner for this clinic, will be accepting walk-ins from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The Vaccine if free and you do not need health insurance.
- Vaccination on May 8
- Health Partner: Holy Cross
- Vaccine: Moderna
- Location: Mount Calvary Baptist Church, 608 N Horners Ln, Rockville, MD 20850
- Walk-ins: 10 am to 12:30 pm
In case you cannot make it this Saturday, there is another option right here in Montgomery County:
Mass Vaccination Site at Montgomery College – Germantown Campus
For More Information and updates:
For Information about the State of Maryland vaccination sites:
ANX2020-00146 – Annexation of Property into the City of Rockville (16160 and 16200 Frederick Road)
The Rockville’s Mayor and Council will conduct a public hearing to receive testimony on the Resolution to Enlarge the Corporate Boundaries (Annexation Resolution) and Annexation Plan associated with Annexation Petition ANX2020-00146. The public hearing will be held via the Cisco Webex platform on May 17, 2021 at 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as it may be heard. Materials that are the topic of the public hearing can be found at Annexation Plan and Annexation Resolution.
The Annexation Plan, as recommended by the Planning Commission and adopted by the Mayor and Council, recommends that the private portion of the proposed annexation area be zoned MXCD (Mixed Use Commercial District) under the City of Rockville’s zoning ordinance, which can be found at Rockville Zoning Ordinance.
The Annexation Petition has been submitted by EYA Development LLC, on behalf of the property owner Victor, Inc. The petition requests annexation of approximately 11.96 acres of land from unincorporated Montgomery County into the City. The annexation area consists of ±10.23 acres of privately owned parcels (“Victor Property”) and ±1.73 acres of State of Maryland Highway 355 right-of-way (“SHA Property”), located approximately 800 feet south of the intersection of Shady Grove Road and MD 355. The Victor Property is located at 16160 and 16200 Frederick Road. It is described as Parcel A, at Plat No. 7936, and a portion of Parcel C, at Plat 10684, as recorded among the Land Records of Montgomery County, Maryland.
How to Provide Testimony
If you wish to participate in the virtual Public Hearing, please call 240-314-8280 or send your name and phone number to email@example.com no later than 10:00 a.m. on the day of the hearing, which is May 17. You will be connected with the City’s Information Technology Department to receive all the information you need to join the meeting by audio to share your comments.
If you wish to submit comments in writing for the virtual Public Hearing, please email the comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10:00 a.m. on the date of the hearing. Persons submitting testimony are requested to provide their name and address. Written comments may also be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office, 111 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, Maryland, 20850, or forwarded by email to email@example.com.
Written comments received after 10:00 a.m. on the date of the virtual public hearing will not be available to the Mayor and Council at the hearing and will be provided to the Mayor and Council at a later date.
Viewing the Mayor and Council Public Hearing
The virtual public hearing can be viewed on Rockville 11, which is channel 11 on county cable, or livestreamed at www.rockvillemd.gov/rockville11. It will also be available for viewing a day after the hearing, at www.rockvillemd.gov/videoondemand.
For additional questions, you can reach City staff Manisha Tewari at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 240-314-8213
RCPD News Report: April 26, 2021 – May 2, 2021
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!