Food Truck Friday Night
Food Truck Friday is back! Tonight head to the Saddle Ridge Community Center at 300 Saddle Ridge Circle between 5:00 — 7:00 pm as the Big Greek on Wheels returns with a Greek salads, pitas, bowls, and more. The truck will be parked around the Circle ready to sell and serve to you! Click here to pre-order your meal for tonight!
See the list below for the upcoming schedule of when your favorite food trucks will be rolling into King Farm:
Food Truck Friday Schedule:
- Friday, April 30 – Big Greek On Wheels
- Friday, May 7 – Corned Beef King
- Friday, May 14 – Trippy Tacos
- Friday, May 21 – Fat Pete’s BBQ
- Friday, May 28 – Julia’s Gourmet
- Saturday, May 29 – Giacomos Brick Oven Pizza
King Farm Annual Election Results
The King Farm Citizens Assembly held its Annual Meeting of the Membership and Election virtually on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021. KFCA President, Barry Jackson, presented the State of the King Farm report. The KFCA Treasurer, Ric Ricciardi, provided a brief presentation on the current annual budget and three (3) Board of Trustees members were installed during the meeting.
If you would like to read the 2021 State of King Farm report, the 2021 Treasurer’s Report, and other annual meeting documents, please go to the “Annual Meeting & Election” folder in the resident portal or use the link below.
The King Farm Board of Trustees election results were tallied and certified. 365 residents cast their vote and congratulations to the winners:
- Sue Beckerman – 346 votes
- Ric Ricciardi – 335 votes
- Matthew Roh – 334 votes
There continues to be many projects for the Board to take on as the community continues to mature and these candidates are eager to continue to make King Farm a place that all residents are proud to call home.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Upcoming Board and Committee Meetings
Due to COVID-19, all King Farm meetings have been held virtually since March of 2020. But now you can easily find the Zoom registration links to all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online. Visit the King Farm website under the “Board & Committees” dropdown and click “Zoom Meeting Links” to register for any upcoming meetings that interest you.
To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). As part of the registration process, registrants must submit their contact information (name, street address, email, and phone number) and select yes or no if they would like to speak during open forum. If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about.
**If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT) – Wednesday 5/12/2021 – 4:30 PM
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC) – Monday 5/10/2021 – 5:30 PM
- Board of Trustees (BOT) – Wednesday 5/19/2021 – 7:30 PM
- External Affairs Committee – Monday 5/17/2021 – 7:00 PM
*Meetings are for King Farm Titleholders and Citizens only. Registrants will be verified to ensure participants are titleholders/citizens.
King Farm Neighbors Village News
May is looking to be a busy month for KFNV with the following events via Zoom:
- Movie Club on Thursday, May 6th from 2:00 – 3:30 pm: This will include a discussion of the movie, Tel Aviv on Fire (2018). This comedy-drama satire centers around Salam, a young Palestinian man who becomes a writer on a popular soap opera through a chance meeting with an Israeli soldier. A conflict arises as to how the show should end, putting young Salam in the middle of the disagreement.
- Book Club on Thursday, May 13th from 12:30 – 2:15 pm: The book Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks will be discussed. Year of Wonders tells the story of the Bubonic Plague in an isolated village in England, Eyam Derbyshire. One of the KFNV members, Terri Parkinson, who has visited Eyam will lead the Book Club discussion with information about Eyam as well as pictures of this quaint village.
- Coffee and Conversation on Wednesday, May 19th at 10:00 am: The discussion will revolve around favorite Mothers’ Day memories.
- A Musical Highlight Event on Thursday, May 27th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm: Wendy Lanxner, a professional musician, teacher, music therapist, composer, and arts-in-health practitioner, will provide the KFNV participants with an afternoon musical interlude. Ms. Lanner’s virtual show will include her performance on some of the various instruments that she plays like flute, guitar, sax, and bass as well as a sing-a-long with songs suggested by the audience. Please join the KFNV for this musical highlight event. It will be a great and relaxing way to end the day —especially with your favorite beverage of choice.
How to Contact KFNV:
For most of our monthly events, membership is required; but membership is free and as easy as filling out an online or mail-in form. We do, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Member Coordinators at email@example.com, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
Voicemail: (301) 799-8104
City, County, and State Updates:
Maryland Residents 16-and Over Now Eligible to Receive COVID-19 Vaccinations:
“All Maryland residents 16-and-over are now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination at all State-operated, County-operated and privately operated vaccine clinics in the State by order of Governor Larry Hogan. Eligibility does not equal an immediate appointment.” Click here to register for your COVID-19 appointment in Montgomery County.
RCPD News Report: April 19, 2021 – April 25, 2021
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!