To view past email newsletters and other updates, please visit the King Farm website under ‘Stay Informed‘.
The King Farm website www.kingfarm.org is your best resource for staying up-to-date with all things King Farm!
Upcoming Board & Committee Meetings
External Affairs (EA)
Thursday 5/04/23- 7:30 PM
Budget and Finance
Tuesday 05/02/2023 6:00 PM
This is an overview of financials with the new members on the committee.
Architectural Design Trust (ADT)
Wednesday 05/10/2023 – 4:30 PM
Board of Code Compliance (BOCC)
Monday 05/08/2023 – 7:00 PM (regular meeting)
Board of Trustees (BOT)
Wednesday 05/17/2023 – 7:30 PM
King Farm meetings are held virtually. Residents can find the Zoom registration links for all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online by visiting King Farm website on the “Zoom Meeting Links” page. To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about.
**If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting and for all other questions, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at email@example.com.
Food Truck Friday – Rained Out
Food Truck Friday – Rained Out Tonight – Will Return Next Week
Due to the heavy rain expected throughout the day and this evening, Food Truck Friday will be canceled for tonight. It should return next Friday night, weather permitting!
Below is the upcoming schedule of when your favorite food trucks will be rolling into King Farm.
Food Truck Friday Summer Schedule
May 12- Pho Wheels
May 19- Bangin BBQ
May 26- Hangry Panda
Please note, due to weather or mechanical truck issues, food trucks may cancel on short notice.
King Farm Movie Night on the Lawn Returns
Bring a blanket or a lawn chair as King Farm movies on the lawn returns with one of this year’s Oscar nominees for best animated film, Puss in Boots – the Last Wish, playing on the big movie screen tomorrow, Saturday, April 29, 2023. The movie, rated PG, will start promptly at 8:30 p.m. on the Saddle Ridge Circle lawn area adjacent to the Saddle Ridge Community Center. In the event of rain, the movie will be rescheduled for a later date.
Spring Festival & Native Plant Sale
Join us for nature crafts, woodland hikes, games, children’s entertainment, a native plant talk and a native plant sale!
Date: May 6, 2023
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Croydon Creek Nature Center
Address:852 Avery Rd Rockville, MD 20851
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
The King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) has a full slate of events scheduled for May, including a highlight event to Glen Echo National Park which was cancelled twice last year due to weather conditions. We hope the third time is a charm, and the weather holds for this field trip to Glen Echo.
1. On May 4, 2023 from 2:00-3:00 pm, the KFNV Movie Club will meet to discuss the movie, The Unforgivable, starring Sandra Bullock as a released convict who struggles to rebuild her life in a society that refuses to forgive her for a violent crime that she committed.
2. On May 11, 2023 from 12:30-2:00 pm, the KFNV Book Club will review the historical fiction novel, The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore. This novel is based upon the legal drama surrounding the incandescent light bulb patent feud between Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse. As Publishers Weekly wrote, “Readers are likely to walk away from the book feeling as informed as they are entertained.”
3. On May 16, 2023 from 7-9 pm, games enthusiasts will meet for Games Night in the King Farm Community Center. As with the two other Games Night that the KFNV has hosted, all sorts of games will be available to play, such as Scrabble, Scattergories, Yahtzee, Trivial Pursuit, Uno. This event is open to all members of the King Farm community. You do not have to be a KFNV member to participate. Because space is limited due to social distancing, please reserve your spot as soon as possible.
4. On May 17, 2023 from 10:00-11:30 pm, Coffee and Conversation participants will gather to relate memorable stories from past summer adventures or plans for future adventures.
5. On May 18, 2023 from 1:00-2:30 pm, The KFNV Friends will meet for lunch at the Sheraton Rockville Hotel Restaurant, 902 King Farm Boulevard, Rockville, MD. Although The KFNV Friends is organizing the luncheon, participants are responsible for the costs of their own lunches. In addition, this event is open to KFNV members only. Please see below on how to easily become a member of the KFNV.
6. The KFNV is inviting the King Farm community to a field trip on Thursday, May 25, 2023. The specifics are:
Who: All members of the King Farm community are invited. You do not have to be a member of the KFNV to participate in this event.
What: A guided walking tour of Glen Echo National Park by a Park Ranger
Where: Glen Echo National Park, 7300 MacArthur Boulevard, Glen Echo, Maryland
Time: We will gather as a group in front of the Carousel at 1:45 pm for a 2:00 pm tour. Look for the Park Ranger to find the KFNV group. If you would like to take a ride on the Carousel, please arrange to be at the Carousel by at least 1:30 pm.
Other Important Information: The walking tour will start promptly at 2:00 pm and will last approximately 45 minutes. The walking tour path is both wheelchair and walker accessible. Parking is off MacArthur Boulevard. In addition, handicap parking is specifically available with a short walking distance to the park’s entrance. In the event of inclement weather, the tour will be rescheduled. If you have any questions about the tour, please contact KFNV at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104.
The KFNV hopes that you can join us at Glen Echo Park to learn about the history of the park, including the beautiful Dentzel Carousel which celebrated its 100th birthday in 2021 and to be part of this long-planned and hoped for field-trip. (Fingers crossed!)
SAVE THE DATE!
On June 22, 2023 from 6:30-8:00 pm, the KFNV will host an international potluck at the King Farm Community Center. More details to come at the end of May, but please save the date for this first of its kind KFNV event.
Please note that the KFNV has changed its monthly Movie Club, Book Club, Coffee and Conversation gatherings, and highlight events to in-person meetings and has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for these events. In accordance with the policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors, people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations. Wearing a mask is optional. In case of inclement weather and if there is time to notify participants, the KFNV may opt for a Zoom presentation for any meeting or event. Therefore, the KFNV will not be offering a hybrid option for any future events. Finally, the KFNV offers transportation to many of its monthly events for KFNV members. Please contact the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com, or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104 to arrange for transportation.
The KFNV continues to support King Farm residents with its community services. Transportation services continue to be the top category for KFNV services. Please feel free to avail yourself of all of the community services offered by KFNV:
1. Simple household tasks;
2. Friendly phone calls and texts;
3. Transportation to appointments, and
4. Friendly visits.
Please note that services are open to KFNV members only; however, membership is free and an easy process. See below on how to contact the KFNV to schedule any of the services, or with any questions that you may have about the services as well as how to become a KFNV member.
Contacting the KFNV
For most of the KFNV monthly events as well as the services, membership is required; but membership is as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form with residency in the King Farm Community being the only membership requirement. Although there is no fee to become a KFNV member, the KFNV does, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events.
For information on how to register for any of the above events, to request a service or a ride, to become a KFNV member or a volunteer, or to make a donation, please contact the Operations Coordinator by calling (301) 799-8104 to leave a voicemail, emailing the KFNV at firstname.lastname@example.org ,or viewing the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org
RCPD News Report: April 11 – April 19, 2023
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the
Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Stay connected with breaking news and information from RCPD on:
Facebook – @RockvilleCityPolice
Twitter – @RockvilleCityPD
Instagram – @RockvilleCityPolice
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!