Association News – Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022
Management Office Closed – Thursday 11/24 and Friday 11/25
The King Farm Management Office will be closed Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th in Observance of Thanksgiving. Normal business hours will resume on Monday, November 28th (8:30 am – 5:00 pm).
We hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving with family and friends!
November-December 2022 Issue of The King Farm Chronicle
The November/December edition of the King Farm Chronicle is here. Please visit our website under Stay Informed / King Farm Chronicle to read past editions (https://kingfarm.org/king-farm-chronicle/).
Delayed Holiday Trash Collection – Friday 11/25
City government and city facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25.
Recycling, trash and yard waste normally collected on Thursday will be collected Friday, Nov. 25th. Please place refuse carts at the curb Thursday evening or before 6:00 am Friday morning. For more information, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/recycling-trash or call 240-314-8568.
Upcoming Board and Committee Meetings:
Architectural Design Trust (ADT)
- Wednesday 12/14/2022 – 4:30 PM
- Applications are due by Wednesday 12/07/22 in order to be reviewed during the December meeting.
Board of Trustees (BOT)
- Meeting will not be held in December. Next meeting will be held on January 18, 2023 @ 7:30 PM.
Board of Code Compliance (BOCC)
- Tuesday 11/29/2022 – 7:00 PM (hearing)
- Wednesday 12/07/2022 – 7:00 PM (hearing)
- Monday 12/12/2022 – 7:00 PM (regular meeting)
Conversation with the City of Rockville
- Tuesday 12/13/2022 – 7:00 PM
External Affairs (EA)
- Thursday 12/01/2022 – 7:30 PM
King Farm meetings are held virtually. Residents can find the Zoom registration links for all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online by visiting King Farm website on the “Zoom Meeting Links” page. To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about.
**If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting and for all other questions, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Conversation with the City of Rockville Virtual Event – Hosted by KFCA
Join the King Farm Citizens Assembly and External Affairs committee as they welcome various representatives and staff from the City of Rockville for a second virtual Conversation with the City event on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 7:00 pm.
This is your chance as a resident of King Farm and Rockville to hear updates and information regarding topics that impact your community.
If you have any questions for the City representatives, please e-mail them to email@example.com. All questions will be culled together so the same questions are not asked multiple times. Representatives from the Rockville City Police, Recreation & Parks, Traffic & Transportation, and Public Works Departments will be attending as well as members from the Mayor and Council.
Residents are encouraged to complete the online survey to provide City representatives insight onto what topics to prioritize. Please use the link to complete the survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HJNZY6T.
To register for the webinar, please visit the King Farm website: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/, or click the button below.
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
Looking forward to the end of 2022, the KFNV has the following events scheduled for December:
- On Thursday, December 1, 2022, Movie Club participants will meet in the King Farm Community Center from 2:00 pm -3:00 pm to discuss the movie, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, written by Abe Sylvia, directed by Michael Showalter, and produced by Jessica Chastain who also starred in the film. The film is a 2021 drama about the extraordinary rise, fall, and redemption of televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker.
- On Friday, December 2, 2022, the KFNV will host Tinsel, Toys, & Thanks – a holiday thank you gift to KFNV members. The specifics are:
- What: Holiday reception with wine, beer, and appetizers
- For whom: KFNV members
- When: Friday, December 2, 2022
- Time: 6:30 pm -8:30 pm
- Where: King Farm Community Center
- RSVP by: Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- As part of this holiday reception, the KFNV is helping to support KFCA’s annual toy drive for Shady Grove and Children’s Hospitals. As such, you are welcome to bring a new, unwrapped, toy, preferably for infants and toddlers. (Please no stuffed or plush toys or animals.) Please note: a toy donation is not required for admission to this KFNV holiday event. Your presence is all that is required; for this event is a small token of the KFNV’s appreciation for your support of its organization during this past year and hopes to see you at Tinsel, Toys, and Thanks to personally thank you for your support.
- On Thursday, December 8, 2022, the KFNV Book Club will meet from 12:30 pm- 2:00 pm in the King Farm Community Center for a Chat and Chew to enjoy lunch together and to finalize the list of books to be discussed in 2023. The KFNV will provide a sweet treat for dessert.
- Finally, on Wednesday, December 14, 2022, Coffee and Conversation participants will meet in the King Farm Community Center from 10:00 am – 11:30 am and end the year on a sweet note by discussing participants’ favorite holiday sweets to enjoy or to gift. Participants are welcome to bring props or memorabilia to explain their choices.
**Please note that the KFNV has changed its monthly Movie Club, Book Club, Coffee and Conversation gatherings, and highlight events to in-person meetings and has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for these events. In accordance with the policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors, people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations. Wearing a mask is optional. In case of inclement weather and if there is time to notify participants, the KFNV may opt for a Zoom presentation for any meeting or event. Therefore, the KFNV will not be offering a hybrid option for any future events. Finally, the KFNV offers transportation to many of its monthly events for KFNV members. Please contact the Operations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104 to arrange for transportation.
We’re here to help! Don’t forget about our community services—especially, our new service — simple household tasks. As one satisfied service recipient stated
Please let the King Farm Village board know how grateful I am for help in the process of donating my drop leaf table to Afghan refugees. I never could have moved the table down the stairs, out the front door, and into the car without your help. The friend who drove the car was impressed that we have the ability to get help from KFNV when we need it. Thank you.
Please feel free to avail yourself of this service as well as any of the following King Farm Neighbors Village’s (KFNV) community services:
1. Transportation to appointments,
2. Friendly phone calls, and
3. Friendly visits.
** Please note that services are open to KFNV members only; however, membership is free and an easy process. See below on how to contact the KFNV to schedule any of the services or with any questions that you may have about the services as well as how to become a KFNV member.
Contacting the KFNV
For most of the KFNV monthly events as well as the services, membership is required; but membership is as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form, with residency in the King Farm Community being the only membership requirement. Although there is no fee to become a KFNV member, the KFNV does, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to request a service or a ride, to become a KFNV member, or to donate, please contact the Operations Coordinator by calling (301) 799-8104 or leaving a voicemail or view the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
The King Farm Neighbors Village Board of Directors would like to wish all its King Farm Community neighbors a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday. Be safe and be well!
RCPD News Report: November 15, 2022 to November 22, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!