Association News – Friday, December 2, 2022
Management Office Closing Early Today
The Management Office will close at 12:00 pm today for a staff event. We will return to regular business hours on Monday, December 5th from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
November-December 2022 Issue of The King Farm Chronicle
The November/December edition of the King Farm Chronicle is here. Please visit our website under Stay Informed / King Farm Chronicle to read past editions (https://kingfarm.org/king-farm-chronicle/).
Upcoming Board and Committee Meetings:
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT)
- Wednesday 12/14/2022 – 4:30 PM
- Applications are due by Wednesday 12/07/22 in order to be reviewed during the December meeting.
- Board of Trustees (BOT)
- Meeting will not be held in December. Next meeting will be held on January 18, 2023 @ 7:30 PM.
- Meeting will not be held in December. Next meeting will be held on January 18, 2023 @ 7:30 PM.
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC)
- Wednesday 12/07/2022 – 7:00 PM (hearing)
- Monday 12/12/2022 – 7:00 PM (regular meeting)
- Conversation with the City of Rockville
- Tuesday 12/13/2022 – 7:00 PM
King Farm meetings are held virtually. Residents can find the Zoom registration links for all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online by visiting King Farm website on the “Zoom Meeting Links” page. To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about.
**If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting and for all other questions, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at email@example.com.
2023 Approved Budget Info
The 2023 budget was approved during the November 16th Board of Trustees (BOT) meeting. The budget letter and additional documents were mailed on November 25th and should be arriving to your doorsteps shortly. The mailer includes the following items:
- 2023 Budget Letter (1 page)
- King Farm Treasurer Letter (1 page)
- 2023 Approved Budget (2 pages)
- Resolutions Update (1 page)
- Direct Debit Form (1 page)
- *for single family and townhomes only – condominium owners should contact their respective management company.
- Owner/Tenant Contact Update Form (1 Page)
- This is also a great time to confirm and provide updated contact information (off-site mailing address, email address, and phone number) for owners and tenants to the Management Office. To update your information, complete the online form here.
Questions and comments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 301-987-0122 (press ext. 1 or 2). Please visit the internal documents under KFCA Budgets to view the approved 2023 Budget or click here. Residents can also visit the King Farm website to view the budget: https://kingfarm.org/budget-and-assessments/.
Address Change for Monthly Assessments – This Change Does Not Apply to Individual Condominium Owners
Effective immediately (December 2022 payments and future payments) — If you mail your monthly assessments or use your bank’s bill pay system, change the mailing address to the following:
King Farm Citizens Assembly, Inc.
P.O. Box 37924, Charlotte, NC 28237-7924
This P.O. Box accepts checks with or without a coupon. However, please ensure that the account number and property address are printed legibly on the check. **Please note, if you mailed your December 2022 payment to the old P.O. Box, your payment will get redirected to the new address. The mailing address is the ONLY change. Neither the management company (Comsource), nor individual account numbers have changed.
A mailing was sent out with the approved 2023 budget and those who are not on direct debit will be receiving coupon books for 2023 shortly. Coupon books are mailed only to owners NOT participating in direct debit. If you receive a coupon book, you are paying through your bank or other option.
Due to increased delays with the mail service, we encourage residents to sign up for direct debit. ACH (direct debit) pays your assessment automatically from your checking or savings account. Your payment is made on time without the hassle of writing or mailing checks! ACH is a free service to pay your assessments on a “per assessment” basis. Direct payments will be initiated for withdrawal between the 5th and the 10th of the month. *Please be advised that the application form must be received by the 20th of the current month in order to be effective for the next months fee. You do not have to worry about changing amounts or late fees (unless there are insufficient funds). To sign up for ACH, complete and sign the authorization form and return it to Comsource Management via email at email@example.com and copy Management@kingfarm.org; by fax to 301-924-7340, or via mail to 3414 Morningwood Drive, Olney, MD 20832 . Click here to download the application form.
King Farm Holiday Party With Santa & Toy Donation Drive
The holiday season is upon us, and King Farm is excited to once again host the return of the annual King Farm Family Holiday Celebration and Toy Drive at the Saddle Ridge Community Center.
So, come one, come all and get yourselves in the holiday spirit of giving by joining your friends and neighbors for a fun-filled afternoon of toy collecting next Saturday, December 10, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Saddle Ridge Community Center at 300 Saddle Ridge Circle.
This family friendly party will include the jolly big man himself making his annual appearance to meet with King Farm children and pose for photos. So be sure to have your children bring their holiday wish lists, as Santa can’t wait to check his list to see if you’ve been naughty or nice. A professional photographer will be taking photos and a link will be supplied to those families who choose to download the photos free of charge. We ask all who register to bring a new, unwrapped toy for our toy donation drive.
SPACE IS LIMITED, and YOU MUST pre-register for this event. This event is open to King Farm residents only, no outside non-resident guests. Your registration will be checked at the door, if you do not have a reservation, you will not be able to participate. Four time slots will be available for convenience, and you must pre-register. Once all spaces have filled, registration will automatically close. So, let’s get into the ho-ho holiday spirit and break a King Farm record for toy donations and help local children in need have a joyous holiday season with your generous toy donations.
Upcoming Conversation with the City of Rockville Virtual Event – Hosted by KFCA
Join the King Farm Citizens Assembly and External Affairs committee as they welcome various representatives and staff from the City of Rockville for a second virtual Conversation with the City event on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 7:00 pm.
This is your chance as a resident of King Farm and Rockville to hear updates and information regarding topics that impact your community.
If you have any questions for the City representatives, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions will be culled together so the same questions are not asked multiple times. Representatives from the Rockville City Police, Recreation & Parks, Traffic & Transportation, and Public Works Departments will be attending as well as members from the Mayor and Council.
Residents are encouraged to complete the online survey to provide City representatives insight onto what topics to prioritize. Please use the link to complete the survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HJNZY6T. To register for the webinar, please visit the King Farm website: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/, or click the button below.
Community-Wide Inspections Reminder – Final Notices & Hearings
As the current inspection cycle is winding down, we would like to thank all the homeowners and residents who have complied with the inspection findings. Your efforts keep the community looking good!
Final notices will include a scheduled hearing date. Final notices are in progress and will be delivered via personal service to your home.
- For the homeowner and residents who have unresolved exterior maintenance items, there is still time to address the issues before your hearing date!
- Some outstanding violations are weather dependent and will need to wait until the spring, but many other maintenance items can be completed either by doing it yourself or hiring a licensed contractor.
- For homeowners that resolve outstanding items before the scheduled hearing date, then the hearing will be cancelled.
- Please notify Management (email@example.com) AT LEAST 1-2 business days prior to the hearing if you have resolved outstanding violations. Management will re-inspect, and if corrected, the scheduled hearing will be cancelled.
If you believe you received a final notice letter by error OR if you have questions regarding the notice, please contact management by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your property address and name. Or you can call the office at 301-987-0122.
Please keep in mind that we are receiving a high volume of calls and emails regarding final notices, so we appreciate your patience! Answers to common questions can be found on our website, please review the information on the website under Home Renovations then Property Inspections: https://kingfarm.org/annual-property-inspections/. We appreciate everyone’s assistance in maintaining the appearance of King Farm!
Update on Wait List for King Farm Community Garden
The King Farm Community Garden, located in Farmstead Park on Grand Champion Drive, has requested the City of Rockville to fund an expansion of the garden to accommodate the huge demand for plots. The city is considering the 2023 budget and will be deciding among a number of priority items.
The garden wait list had to be discontinued last spring, as it was so long. Thirty-eight people are currently on the waiting list with the oldest application dating to May 2021. The garden has continued to get requests for plots, even while the wait list was closed. The garden is again taking names for the wait list.
To be placed on the waiting list for a future plot, please complete the online form at:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GlrKsh6fTtFGCmhZqcG4SK9w00VT0IcvEg69XHugdXA/edit King Farm Community Garden communicates by email, so applicants need to check email frequently. The word “garden” will be in the reference line.
City & County Updates:
Rockville Senior Center’s Holiday Bazaar
- The holiday bazaar will take place on Saturday, Dec. 3rd from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM and will feature handmade crafts, a book sale, raffles, a plant sale, food and more family-friendly fun!
- Location: Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
- Learn more at https://rockvillemd.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=10276&month=11&year=2022&day=28&calType=0
Rockville Civic Ballet presents the holiday classic: The Nutcracker!
- Coming to the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre Saturdays Dec. 3 and 10, and Sundays Dec. 4 and 11.
- Tickets can be purchased online at www.rockvillemd.gov/theatre or in person at the F Scott Fitzgerald Theatre Box Office.
City Collects Leaves October to Mid-December:
- King Farm is Area 3: Dec. 5-9
- Rockville will vacuum leaves from neighborhood curbs in two rounds, beginning Monday, Oct. 17.
- Rake leaves next to, but out of, roadways, gutters and bike lanes, and away from parked vehicles.
- Leaves should be raked by 6 a.m. on the first day of their collection period, but no earlier than one week before the collection dates to avoid grass damage or fire hazards. Remove sticks and other objects from leaf piles.
- Avoid parking near leaf piles or other vehicles.
- For more information, visit the City’s website: https://rockvillereports.com/leaf-the-vacuuming-to-us/
2022 Rockville Holiday Drive is Officially Underway:
- For nearly a half century, through the Holiday Drive, Rockville has sponsored outreach that brings the community together each year to provide food baskets, gift certificates and toys to needy Rockville families throughout the Thanksgiving and December holidays.
- The Holiday Drive relies entirely on monetary contributions, donated food and new toys from local individuals, schools, businesses and organizations.
- You can donate food at City Hall and city recreation facilities until Friday, Nov. 11 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Make a cash donation online at bit.ly/HolidayDriveDonate.
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
On Thursday, December 1, 2022, King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) Movie Club participants met in the King Farm Community Center from 2:00 pm -3:00 pm to discuss the movie, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, a 2021 drama about the extraordinary rise, fall, and redemption of televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker, who is played in the movie by Jessica Chastain. Many participants came away from the movie with a more favorable opinion of Tammy Faye Bakker than they had prior to viewing it.
Tonight, is the night for Tinsel, Toys, and Thanks, the KFNV’s holiday thank you gift to its members. KFNV members will meet in the King Farm Community Center from 6:30 to 8:30 pm for a reception with wine, beer, and appetizers. Members are invited, but not required, to bring an unwrapped, new toy, preferably for infants and toddlers, to support the King Farm Assembly’s annual toy drive for Shady Grove Hospital and Children’s Hospital. The KFNV hopes to see many members tonight to personally thank them for their support this past year.
The last two KFNV events for 2022 are:
1. On Thursday, December 8, 2022, the KFNV Book Club will meet from 12:30 pm- 2:00 pm in the King Farm Community Center for a Chat and Chew to enjoy lunch together and to finalize the list of books to be discussed in 2023. The KFNV will provide a sweet treat for dessert.
2. Finally, on Wednesday, December 14, 2022, Coffee and Conversation participants will meet in the King Farm Community Center from 10:00 am – 11:30 am and end the year on a sweet note by discussing participants’ favorite holiday sweets to enjoy or to gift. Participants are welcome to bring props or memorabilia to explain their choices.
Please note that the KFNV has changed its monthly Movie Club, Book Club, Coffee and Conversation gatherings and highlight events to in-person meetings and has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for these events. In accordance with the policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors, people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations. Wearing a mask is optional. In case of inclement weather and if there is time to notify participants, the KFNV may opt for a Zoom presentation for any meeting or event. Therefore, the KFNV will not be offering a hybrid option for any future events. Finally, the KFNV offers transportation to many of its monthly events for KFNV members. Please contact the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com, or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104 to arrange for transportation.
We’re here to help! Don’t forget about our community services—especially, our new service — simple household tasks. As one satisfied service recipient stated:
“Please let the King Farm Village board know how grateful I am for help in the process of donating my drop leaf table to Afghan refugees. I never could have moved the table down the stairs, out the front door, and into the car without your help.
The friend who drove the car was impressed that we have the ability to get help from KFNV when we need it. Thank you.”
Please feel free to avail yourself of this service as well as any of the following KFNV community services:
- Transportation to appointments,
- Friendly phone calls, and
- Friendly visits.
*Please note that services are open to KFNV members only; however, membership is free and an easy process. See below on how to contact the KFNV to schedule any of the services or with any questions that you may have about the services as well as how to become a KFNV member.
Contacting the KFNV For most of the KFNV monthly events as well as the services, membership is required; but membership is as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form, with residency in the King Farm Community being the only membership requirement. In addition, although there is no fee to become a KFNV member, the KFNV does, however, accept. and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to request a service or a ride, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Operations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at https://www.kfnv.org/.
RCPD News Report: November 22, 2022 to November 29, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department. If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!