Association News – Friday, May 6th, 2022
Upcoming KFCA Meetings – May 2022
For information and to register, please go to the King Farm website for Zoom meeting links: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/.
- Board of Code Compliance (BOCC): Mon. 05/09/22 – 7:00 PM
- Architectural Design Trust (ADT): Wed. 05/11/22 – 4:30 PM
- Board of Trustees (BOT): Wed. 05/18/22 *time TBD
Food Truck Friday — Canceled Tonight
Due to the forecast for continued rain showers throughout this evening, Food Truck Friday featuring Banging BBQ has been canceled. Next week, Friday, May 13 PhoWheels DC back – watch next Friday for a pre-order link.
See the list below for the upcoming schedule of when your favorite food trucks will be rolling into King Farm this month.
May Food Truck Friday Schedule:
- May 13 PhoWheels DC
- May 20 Corned Beef King
- May 27 Big Greek on Wheels
Organic Spring Turf Application – Monday 5/16
Community Landscape Services (CLS) will be on the property for spring turf fertilizer applications. The turf fertilization application is scheduled to begin on Monday, May 16th through Wednesday, May 17th (weather permitting).
All applications are organic (SDS sheets are included in the linked attachment) and all treated areas will be properly marked. If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The King Farm turf program has been organic since 2016. Please view the Organic Spring Turf Application Notice (attached) or visit the King Farm website under Landscaping Updates (https://kingfarm.org/landscaping-updates/).
May Edition of the King Farm Chronicle
The May 2022 edition of the King Farm Chronicle is here and will be delivered to your doorsteps soon! Click here to read the online version of the Chronicle.
Please visit our website under Stay Informed / King Farm Chronicle to read past editions (https://kingfarm.org/king-farm-chronicle/).
Registration is Now Open for the King Farm Screamin’ Geese Swim Team!
The King Farm Screamin’ Geese Swim Team is excited to announce another swim season this summer! The KFST is looking for swimmers to join the team and registration is officially open. The swim team is open to all ages (up to 18 years of age) and swimming abilities!
- Regular Team Practices start May 31st and run until July 19th.
- Pre-Team Evaluations on June 12th (10-11:00 am)
- Pre-Team Practices start June 13th and run until July 19th
The King Farm Screamin’ Geese Swim Team was formed to encourage informal, friendly competition at the neighborhood pool level and provide young people in the community with the opportunity to participate in team competitions during the summer.
Here are just a few reasons to join the King Farm Swim Team:
Community, Fitness, Friendships, Fun, Lifelong Swim Skills, Self Esteem, Affordable, Being Part of a Great Team!
Please see the attached flyers for more details or visit the King Farm website or KFST website:
Police & Safety Conversation with the RCPD – Webinar Event
King Farm Citizens Assembly (KFCA) President, Barry Jackson, and the External Affairs committee hosted a virtual webinar event, Police & Safety Conversation with the RCPD, on Wednesday, April 6th, 2022. The Chief of Police for RCPD, Victor Brito, spoke during the event and he and his team provided the community with valuable insights regarding current crime statistics and other important topics surrounding the safety of King Farm.
Please use the link below to watch a recording of the webinar event.
- View City of Rockville crime statistics here: https://communitycrimemap.com/overview/about.html
- RCPD “RockView” security camera program: https://www.rockvillemd.gov/2247/Security-Camera-Registration
Please see below for the contact information for the King Farm RCPD Liaison:
King Farm Police Liaison Lt. Jason West
Watch Commander, Field Services Bureau – Rockville City Police Department
2 W. Montgomery Ave., Rockville, Maryland 20850
P: 240-314-8378 (Office) E: JWest@RockvilleMD.Gov
King Farm Pool & Amenities Update:
Saddle Ridge Pool & Bailey’s Commons Pool:
The King Farm Pools are scheduled to open on Saturday, May 28th, 2022 (weather permitting). Barring any mandated changes by the City, County, or State, the pools will operate under normal operations this season. Liability waivers, masks, social distancing and reservations will no longer be required.
*Please note – lifeguards and other patrons may opt to continue to social distance or wear masks, so please be considerate.
Fitness Center, Community Room, and Management Office:
As of April 1, 2022, King Farm community amenities reopened without COVID-19 restrictions. The Saddle Ridge Community Room returned to a maximum capacity of 100 persons (previously 50) and the fitness room resumed normal capacity and hours (4am-11pm).
The on-site King Farm Management Office is open for walk-ins. However, resident appointments are still preferred during regular business hours (Mon.-Thurs. 8:30am-5:00pm / Fri. 8:30am-2:00pm). Please call 301-987- 0122 or e-mail email@example.com for any assistance.
*staff members and contractors may opt to continue to social distance or wear masks, so please be considerate.
Be a Respectful Neighbor and Follow Rockville’s Property Rules
The City of Rockville is reminding property owners to be good neighbors, and avoid exterior property violations that could affect health and safety, and result in a citation:
- Remove trash or debris.
- Trim weed or plant growth more than 10 inches tall.
- Remove junk vehicles that are inoperable, abandoned or dismantled.
- No overcrowded or prohibited dwellings.
- Prune trees, bushes, hedges, shrubs and vines so they’re not a hazard or detriment to the neighborhood.
- Maintain all exterior wood and metal surfaces in good condition.
- Park motor vehicles properly in off-street parking or on the street.
- Only one unlicensed motor vehicle can be parked on a residential zone property.
For more information about common property violations, or to submit a report, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/FormCenter/Code-Enforcement-10/Code-Violation-Report-92.
Administrative Resolution No. 2 – Draft Amendment for Review
Due to last minute edits, the Board of Trustees tabled the adoption of the amended Administrative Resolution No. 2, Procedures for Review & Approval of Applications for Visual Changes to Living Units/Lots, during the March 17th, 2022 Board meeting. The BOT will hold their next meeting on Wednesday, May 18th, 2022 and AR No. 2 will be discussed and adopted during the meeting.
To view AR No. 2, please login to the FrontSteps portal and navigate to the Governing Documents folder then the “Draft Resolutions (Equity/Administrative) For Review” subfolder OR visit the King Farm website (https://kingfarm.org/draft-resolutions/).
County & City Updates:
City of Rockville:
- Hometown Holidays Returns Saturday, May 28th & Sunday, May 29th at RedGate Park — Reunite with neighbors at Hometown Holidays: A Community Gathering. This free festival will take place on 5/28 and 5/29 from 11:00am to 7:00pm at RedGate Park and will feature local flavor including two stages of entertainment by local acts, a Taste of Rockville, and activities for kids. Read more.
- Spring Festival and Native Plant Sale at Croydon Creek — Croydon Creek Nature Center will celebrate two decades celebrating seasonal change at its 20th Annual Spring Festival and Native Plant Sale on Saturday, May 7th from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Bring the entire family and enjoy the wonders of nature in an urban setting. Activities include woodland hikes, spring native plant sale, nature games/crafts and children’s entertainment. Read More.
King Farm Neighbors Village News (KFNV)
We’re Live and In-Person! On May 1st, the King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) relaunched its community services program with the following services:
- Transportation to appointments,
- Friendly phone calls,
- Friendly visits, and
- One new service-simple household tasks.
*As with KFNV services in the past, services are provided to KFNV members only. Please see below for steps to easily join the KFNV.
In addition, yesterday, May 5th from 2:00-3:00 pm the KFNV Movie club met in hybrid fashion (virtual and in-person at the King Farm Community Center) for a discussion of the movie, Being the Ricardos, written and directed by Aaron Sorkin and starring Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. The participants agreed that the movie was a fascinating behind- the -scenes look at not only the production of a profoundly successful television program in the 1950’s, but moreover the lives of the two stars, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.
Other May events scheduled are:
- Thursday, May 12th (12:30 – 2:00 pm) – KFNV Book Club Meeting
- Book Club participants will discuss the historical fiction novel, The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes, which centers around the Packhorse Librarians of Kentucky during the depression. This event will be presented in hybrid form like the Movie Club was. The KFNV has reserved the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850 for in-person meetings.*Wearing a mask is optional. For those unable to join in-person, the KFNV will offer a Zoom option.
- In accordance with policy adopted by the KFNV Board of Directors (Board), people attending KFNV sponsored, in-person events, must be vaccinated per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID recommendations.
- Wednesday, May 18th (10:00 – 11:30 am) – Coffee & Conversation (Virtual) Event
- The topic will be: Childhood to Adult Foods and Traditions—Which foods or traditions did you enjoy as a child?
- Did you continue with these foods and traditions as an adult?
- How have your tastes and interests changed?
- **Please note, this event will be held virtually only via Zoom.
- Thursday, May 19th (6:00 to 8:00 pm) – Wine & Cheese (in-person) Event
- A perfect way to unwind, the KFNV in-person, social event, Nibble and Sip. The KFNV invites all King Farm community members (21 and over) to this wine and cheese reception as membership is not required for attendance. The KFNV encourages attendees to bring a friend. The more the merrier!
- **Please note though that space is limited to 60 participants and that the last day to register for the event is May 12, 2022. The same COVID precautions apply to this event as with the Movie and Book Clubs. We thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep each other safe and healthy.
Please take a look at the KFNV Blog under the News section of the KFNV website for articles about events as well as news relevant to the KFNV community. Also, both the Movie Club and Book Club welcome new members. Please see below for KFNV membership details.
How to Contact KFNV:
For most of our monthly events, membership is required; but membership is free and as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form. We do, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Member Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at https://www.kfnv.org/.
RCPD News Report: May 03, 2022
Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!