Guidelines for Changes or Repairs to Driveways and Walkways:
Please use these guidelines for replacing or repairing one of these items on your property. Any time you alter or change the existing condition in any way, it requires a design review application. Provided that you make these changes for repair or maintenance, then a DRA is not required.
Sidewalks, Alleys, and Leadwalks:
Please refer repair requests for sidewalks, alleys, and leadwalks on public property to the City of Rockville; or needed repairs on community-owned property to King Farm Management.
- No DRA is required, as long as any minor repairs use the same original material (including color).
- Replacing an entire driveway with new material will require the submission of a DRA for review AND approval.
- Resealing your driveway does not require a DRA as long as the sealant color matches the color of the driveway when new.
Walkways On Your Property:
- NEW walkways will require the submission of a DRA for review and approval.
- Existing walkway repairs do not require a DRA, as long as any repairs use the same original material (including color).