Guidelines for Changes, Repairs, Installation of Storm Doors:
Please use these guidelines for replacing or repairing one of these items on your property. Any time you alter or change the existing condition in any way, it requires a design review application. Provided that you make these changes for repair or maintenance, then a DRA is not required.
Storm Door Repairs/Replacements
- No, as long as the appearance, profile, lite window pattern, stile and rail (frames), size and dimensions of the door(s) remain essentially identical and the color remains the same.
- The material may be changed from which the door is made, may be changed (i.e., from wood to metal).
Storm Door Installation, Design, and Materials:
The following shall assist Homeowners in the design and installation of storm doors. The documents are intended to offer guidance; final location and design approval shall be obtained from the Community Architect.
Storm Doors Not Requiring Review and Approval shall meet the following conditions:
- Full View: The storm door shall be full view.
- No Decorative Trim: The storm door shall be free of decorative trim.
- Color: The storm door shall match the color of the door. Please see the Storm Door Sketch regarding door stile and rail profile.