Guidelines for Changes or Repairs to Mailboxes:
Please use these guidelines for replacing or repairing one of these items on your property. Any time you alter or change the existing condition in any way, it requires a design review application. Provided that you make these changes for repair or maintenance, then a DRA is not required.
Mailbox Sketch – Picket Fence
Mailbox Sketch – No Picket Fence
Installation, Design & Materials:
The following shall assist Homeowners in the design and placement of mailboxes in front yards. The documents are intended to offer guidance.
Final location and design approval shall be obtained from the Community Architect.
Mailbox and Post Materials and Colors:
- Mailboxes shall be painted either white or black. Other colors and materials will be considered by review, for example brass, bronze, etc.
- Mailbox posts shall be typically painted King Farm White to match the trim color on a house or the picket fence color.
Placement of Box:
- The placement of the mailbox shall be such that the mail carrier can access the mailbox from the sidewalk. The preferred height is approximately 42” to the center of the box.
- Variation as required due to picket fence height shall be reviewed. (Typical picket fence height is 32” to a maximum of 42” and should not be a problem.)
- In no case shall it be acceptable to cut pickets to permit the placement of the mailbox.
- Alternative location and mailbox design is encouraged.
- Alternates shall be submitted to the King Farm Community Architect for review.