|It’s Food Truck Friday Night!|
|It’s Food Truck Friday and Fat Pete’s BBQ will be parked around Saddle Ridge Circle tonight from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight. Tomorrow, Saturday night we will welcome back Julia’s Gourmet with sandwiches and ice treats from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. July Food Truck Schedule* Friday, July 16 – Fat Pete’s BBQ Saturday, July 17 – Julia’s Gourmet Friday, July 23 – Fat Pete’s BBQSaturday, July 24 – Pho Wheels|
Friday, July 30 – O’Boy PizzaSaturday, July 31 – Flipside Gastro *Food trucks are subject to change due or be canceled due to weather events.
|Saddle Ridge Pool Closes at 5:00 p.m. – Wednesday, July 21|
|The Saddle Ridge pool will close at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, 2021 due to the Screamin’ Geese Swim Team meet. The Baileys Commons pool will be open for resident swim during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and GO GEESE!|
|Saddle Ridge Parking Lot Closed Next Saturday Afternoon – July 24|
|The rear parking lot behind the Saddle Ridge pool will be closing at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 24, 2021 for the Screamin’ Geese Swim Team banquet. No vehicles should be parked in the parking lot starting at 4:00 p.m. In the event of rain, the parking lot and banquet will be held on Sunday, July 25. Vehicles parked will be towed without notice.|
|King Farm Concert on the Lawn Next Saturday|
|The Concerts on the Lawn series continues next Saturday, July 24, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Saddle Ride Community Center lawn area, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle. Driven to Clarity (DTC) will make their return to King Farm and we are happy to welcome them back to the summer concert stage. Plan to buy dinner from the PhoWheels DC food truck, a pre-order link will be available next week. Bring your lawn chairs, and the whole family as we continue to celebrate the summer of music and fun in the Farm! |
To help us follow safe COVID-19 protocols, we ask all who attend to socially distance themselves while seated on the lawn, and to avoid congregating in large groups. Attendees will be required to adhere to the local Montgomery County mandates on mask use for vaccinated and unvaccinated persons while attending all outdoor King Farm activities and events.
|July Board and Committee Meetings|
|Due to COVID-19, all King Farm meetings have been held virtually since March of 2020. But now you can easily find the Zoom registration links to all upcoming King Farm Board of Trustees and Committee meetings online. Visit the King Farm website under the “Board & Committees” dropdown and click “Zoom Meeting Links” to register for any upcoming meetings that interest you.|
To attend the Zoom meetings, you must register in advance. Each meeting will have an open forum for residents to ask questions or make comments (limited to 3 minutes speaking time per resident). As part of the registration process, registrants must submit their contact information (name, street address, email, and phone number) and select yes or no if they would like to speak during open forum. If you would like to speak during open forum, please provide the topic you will be speaking about. **If you need assistance registering for a virtual meeting, please contact Management by phone (301) 987-0122 or by email at email@example.com.
Upcoming Meetings:Board of Trustees (BOT) – Wednesday 07/21/2021 – 7:30 PM
* please see the attached Draft BOT Agenda and click here to view the Resident Board Book.
*There will not be a meeting for the BOT in August. The next meeting is scheduled for September 15, 2021.
Zoom Meeting Links: https://kingfarm.org/zoom-meeting-links/
*Meetings are for King Farm Titleholders and Citizens only. Registrants will be verified to ensure participants are titleholders/citizens.
|Self-Defense Class Series Sponsored by KFST|
|The King Farm Swim Team (KFST) is sponsoring a series of self-defense classes which will be led by fellow King Farmer, Mr. Matthew Roh. Mr. Roh is a certified grandmaster in TaeKwonDo (7th degree black belt) and Muay Thai Master.|
The self-defense class series (open to everyone, but designed for females ages 12 and over) will be held at the King Farm Community Center (300 Saddle Ridge Circle) on the next three Sundays at 2:00 PM. The classes are free of charge but donations are welcome and all donations will go to support the KFST. The classes will be held first come first serve with a maximum of 40 people per class and each class will be 1.5 hours long. Please wear exercise/activewear clothing and no loose clothing (long sleeves and long pants/leggings preferred).
Self-Defense Class Series:
• July 18, Sunday at 2pm (Situational Awareness and Striking)
• July 25, Sunday at 2pm (Kicking and Escape Technics)
• Aug 1, Sunday at 2pm (Combination Attack/Escape)
Waivers will be required to protect the instructor(s), volunteers, King Farm organization and Management . We ask that you use the honor system and only those who have been vaccinated participate in this event. If you are interested in registering for the self-defense classes, please email Mr. Roh at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Name(s) of individuals participating
– Number of individuals from your household participating
– Attached signed participation waiver
– Which class you will participate in or if you will be attending all 3 classes
|King Farm Fitness Center Open|
|The King Farm Fitness Center (gym) located inside the Community Center (300 Saddle Ridge Circle) reopened to residents last week. Due to the limited size of the room (approximately 300 square feet) people are still in close proximity, so we are currently allowing no more than four (4) persons to book a reservation at a time. Reservations can be made up to 1 week in advance. While Montgomery County has lifted COVID-19 protocols, KFCA is exercising caution as we do not know who is fully vaccinated and want to reduce the likelihood of transmission. A capacity limit has been put in place for 4 people at a time*. ALL residents must sign and submit a waiver to access the pool. |
– If you signed a liability waiver last summer, it is still valid.
– A key fob is required to access the fitness center. The fitness center can be accessed from the side door located on the right side of the community center building.
– If you do not have a key fob, please complete the key fob application form or contact Management.
– A reservation is required to attend the fitness center. Reservations can be made using the Omnify reservation portal: https://kingfarmcitizensassembly.getomnify.com
– Please cancel your reservation if you cannot attend to allow others to book. Please check-in to your fitness reservation using the QR Code or through your account in the Omnify portal.
– Increased cleaning procedures have been put in place to help reduce the transmission of the virus.Reservations can be booked for 1-hour increments beginning at 7:00 am.
– If you are the only person exercising, you do not need to wear your mask; however, if additional persons are using the fitness center then all persons need to wear masks.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The fitness center will reopen under limited hours of operation at this time. Because staff leaves at 5:00pm, the fitness center will be open Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. The fitness center will close from 10:00 – 10:30am and 1:30 – 2:00 pm to allow for additional cleaning.
6:30 – 7:00am – CLOSED for cleaning
7:00 – 8:00 am
8:00 – 9:00 am
9:00 – 10:00 am
10:00 – 10:30am – CLOSED for cleaning
10:30 – 11:30am
11:30 – 12:30pm
12:30 – 1:30pm
1:30 – 2:00pm – CLOSED for cleaning
2:00 – 3:00pm
3:00 – 4:00pm
4:00 – 5:00pm
**PLEASE NOTE: The above information is subject to change. Management and the Board of Trustees will reevaluate over the next several weeks and will determine what if any restrictions will remain in place. We will provide updates as needed.
|King Farm Neighbors Village News|
|King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) engaged in a lively Coffee and Conversation this past Wednesday with a discussion of participants’ “Favorite Memories of Growing Up.” All agreed it was an enjoyable experience taking a walk together down memory lane. The KFNV is looking forward to the following virtual events for the end of July and during the month of August:|
1. The KFNV’s final summer highlight event, “Great Natives for Your Home Gardens,” from 4 – 5 pm on July 22nd where Dr. Lauren Hubbard will discuss native plants to use in home landscapes. Dr. Hubbard through her company Native By Design, LLC designs sustainable landscape for property owners and offers installation and property management as well as ecotype plants for sale in her nursery. Dr. Hubbard holds a Ph.D. in Plant Biology and is a certified Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional, Weed Warrior Supervisor, and Master Gardener. KFNV looks forward to hosting Dr. Hubbard and learning how to beautify and diversify gardens with native plants;
2. From 2:00 – 3:30 pm on August 5th, the KFNV Movie Club will discuss the movie, Knives Out. This 2019 mystery film written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman tells the story of a detective investigating the death of a patriarch of a wealthy but dysfunctional family. The film features an ensemble cast, including among others, Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Christopher Plummer;
3. On August 12th from 12:30-2:00 pm, the KFNV’s monthly Book Club will discuss a non-fiction work, Soul of an Octopus by the naturalist Sy Montgomery. This provocative book recounts Montgomery’s exploration of the nature of consciousness through her up-close and personal study of octopuses. The discussion portends to be both enlightening and uplifting; and finally,
4. The KFNV monthly Coffee and Conversation from 10:00 -11:30 am on August 18th. Please visit the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org for a complete description of the July and August KFNV events. In addition, the KFNV Blog under the News section of the website has articles about past events as well as news relevant to the KFNV community. How to Contact KFNV:For most of our monthly events, membership is required; but membership is free and as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form. We do, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events. For information on how to register for any of the above events, to become a KFNV member, or to make a donation, please contact the Member Coordinators at email@example.com, leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104, or view the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
Website: https://www.kfnv.org/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingfarmneighborsvillage Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Voicemail: (301) 799-8104
|RCPD News Report – June 14 – June 20, 2021|
|Click here to read the Weekly Crime Report courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department. If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at: Non-Emergency: 240-314-8900|
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850 IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!