IN THIS EDITION:
- Management Office Closed
- City of Rockville Closure and Trash Collections
- 2024 Approved Budget
- Upcoming Board & Committee Meetings
- Fitness Center Closure Extended to January 2024
- KFCA is excited to share this newly established social club!
- KF Village Center New Businesses Coming in 2024
- King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) Activities
- Exterior Seasonal Holiday Decoration Reminder
- King Farm Shuttle Bus QR Code
- Rockville City Police Department Crime Report
To view past email newsletters and other updates,
please visit the King Farm website under ‘Stay Informed‘.
The King Farm website, www.kingfarm.org, is your best resource for staying up-to-date with all things King Farm!
The Management Office will be closed on
Monday January 1, 2024 and will re-open on Tuesday, January 2, 2024
Happy New Year!
Holiday Closures and Trash Collection
City government and facilities will be closed New Year’s Day. All city facilities will be closed Jan. 1. Parking will be free at city-owned meters on Jan. 1. Recycling, trash and yard waste normally collected on Mondays will occur one day later than usual during those holiday weeks. For more information, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/recycling-trash or call 240-314-8568.
The Rockville Senior Center and fitness room, Glenview Mansion, and the Rockville Civic Center business office are always closed Sunday and will be closed Jan. 1. For theater tickets, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/theatre.
Several facilities will offer limited holiday hours:
- Lincoln Park, Thomas Farm and Twinbrook community centers will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31, and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
- Croydon Creek Nature Center will be closed Dec 31, open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and open normal hours Jan. 2.
- The Rockville Swim and Fitness Center will be open with limited hours and services on Dec. 31.
- The Rockville Skate Park will close at 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 31.
- Learn more at www.rockvillemd.gov or call 240-314-5000.
2024 APPROVED BUDGET
THE BUDGET MAILING AND COUPON BOOKS WERE MAILED .
IF ENROLLED IN DIRECT DEBIT, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A COUPON BOOK.
IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A LETTER OR COUPON BOOK, PLEASE CONTACT MANAGEMENT.
PAYMENTS ARE DUE ON THE 1ST AND LATE AFTER THE 15TH. PAYMENTS RECEIVED AFTER THE 15TH WILL INCUR A $15 LATE CHARGE.
KFCA did not implement an increase for 2024 fiscal year, therefore monthly assessment remains the same as 2023. A copy of the 2024 Budget Mailing is available in the resident portal (username and password required) or by requesting a copy from management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is strongly encouraged that residents sign up for direct deposit to ensure all payments are scheduled and help alleviate missed payments, incorrect payments, delay in delivery, etc.
Fitness Center Closure Extended to January 2024
Due to supply and logistical issues, the re-opening of the community fitness center has been delayed. An opening date has not been determined, but Management will provide notice when the re-opening date is determined.
Thank you for your understanding and we wish you a healthy and happy holiday season. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact management at 301-987-0122 or email@example.com.
NEWLY ESTABLISHED CLUB
KING FARM MUSIC JAM SOCIAL CLUB
Start the new year off with a bang and join the King Farm Music Jam Social Club!
King Farm Music Jam Social Club is a group of hobby musicians who come together to play music. This group is sponsored by King Farm Citizens Assembly. club meetings are held on a monthly basis with sessions throughout the year.
The sessions are held at the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD, 20850.
Guitarists, keyboardists, percussionists, and other musicians of all levels, 18 years and older, are welcome to participate.
Bring your musical instrument. It is also helpful to bring a music stand and a power strip if power is needed for your equipment. For those that sing, a microphone would be helpful.
Songs are selected from a jam songbook and generally have common chords. A phone, tablet, or computer is needed.
Also, feel free to bring song sheets for any songs with common chords you would like to share; 10 to 15 copies should do it.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate. Detailed dates and times will follow.
New and Coming Soon Businesses to King Farm in 2024
Rockville’s King Farm neighborhood is seeing some revitalization with new tenants signing on to join mainstays like Safeway, Nagoya Sushi, Fontina Grille, and Botanero. The new businesses coming in 2024 are:
Fruit N Boba Tea
Link below with more details:
Happy New Year! The King Farm Neighbors Village (KFNV) is looking forward to a full slate of events in 2024 starting with the following January events.
- The Walking Club continues its jaunts Monday-Thursday at 4 pm, except in the case of inclement weather. The group meets in the park across from The Fontina Grille. Please feel free to join the walks even if you have never joined before.
- On Thursday, January 4, 2024 from 2:00-3:00 pm, the KFNV Movie Club will meet to discuss the movie Showing Up. The 2022 comedy-drama, directed by Kelly Reichardt is about a sculptor preparing to open a new show amidst the daily dramas of family and friends. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 88% on the Tomatometer.
- Coffee and Conversation will now meet on the second Tuesday of every month.
On Tuesday, January 9, 2024 from 10:00-11:30 am, Coffee and Conversation participants will meet for Got Ideas!-Coffee and Conversation Planning for 2024. Bring your thoughts and ideas for Coffee and Conversation topics for the new year.
- On Thursday, January 11, 2024 from 12:30-2:00 pm, KFNV Book Club members will review the book, Horse by Geraldine Brooks, winner of the Pulitzer Prize for March. Horse is a historical fiction novel that Google Books describes as “…(not) just an animal story (but) a moving narrative about race and art.”
- On Tuesday, January 16, 2024 from 7:00-9:00 pm, the KFNV will host Games Night. Come out and enjoy some competitive fun with your King Farm neighbors.
- On Thursday, January 18, 2024 from 1:00-3:00 pm, The KFNV Friends Club will meet for their monthly lunch at Fontina Grille. Please note that each participant is responsible for the cost of his/her lunch. Come and join your King Farm friends for this first in 2024 KFNV Friends lunch.
- On Thursday, January 25, 2024 from 4:00-5:00 pm, the KFNV will host Firefighter Mr. Jim Resnick of Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services. Mr. Resnick will discuss:
(a) what to do in case of a fire, particularly for residents unable to use stairs to exit the building,
(b) general fire safety; and
(c) home safety features.
The KFNV hopes to see many King Farm community members at this important event as this event is open to all King Farm community residents. KFNV membership is not required for attendance at this event.
Please note that the monthly Movie Club, Book Club, Coffee and Conversation gatherings, and many highlight events are held at the King Farm Community Center, 300 Saddle Ridge Circle, Rockville, MD 20850. In case of inclement weather and if there is time to notify participants, the KFNV may opt for a Zoom presentation for any meeting or event. Finally, the KFNV offers transportation to many of its monthly events for KFNV members. Please contact the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com, or leave a voicemail at (301) 799-8104 to arrange for transportation.
The KFNV continues to support King Farm residents with its community services: transportation to appointments, simple household tasks, friendly phone calls/texts, and friendly visits. Please feel free to avail yourself of all of the community services that the KFNV offers. If you are in doubt about whether a task could be performed by one of the KFNV volunteers, go ahead and fill out the service form on the KFNV website. Our Operations Team will get back to you to determine if the task is under our umbrella of tasks. Also, please note that services are open to KFNV members only; however, membership is free and an easy process. See below on how to contact the KFNV to schedule any of the services or with any questions that you may have about the services as well as how to become a KFNV member.
The KFNV is looking for volunteers to provide community services to its members. Specific volunteer assistance that the KFNV is looking for are volunteers to serve on various committees, to provide transportation to KFNV members, and to perform simple household tasks. In addition, if you would like to share your knowledge, talent, or skills with others, the KFNV would welcome your volunteer service. Please feel free to contact the Operations Coordinator for any questions you may have about becoming a KFNV volunteer by calling (301) 799-8104, emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org , or viewing the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org for information as well as an on-line form to fill out to become a KFNV volunteer. The KFNV thanks you for your consideration in becoming a KFNV volunteer.
Contacting the KFNV
For most of the KFNV monthly events as well as the services, membership is required; but membership is as easy as filling out an on-line or mail-in form with residency in the King Farm community being the only membership requirement. We are a multi-generational Village; therefore, there is no age requirement to join the KFNV. The KFNV welcomes all King Farm residents of all ages.
Although there is no fee to become a KFNV member, the KFNV does, however, accept and welcome donations; for these donations help defray the cost of KFNV services and events.
For information on how to register for any of the above events, to request a service or a ride, to become a KFNV member or a volunteer, or to make a donation, please contact the Operations Coordinator by calling (301) 799-8104 to leave a voicemail, emailing the KFNV at email@example.com , or viewing the KFNV website at www.kfnv.org.
Exterior Seasonal Holiday Decorations Reminder
Exterior seasonal holiday decorations (i.e., exterior lights, displays, wreaths, etc.) which are attractive, in good taste, and reasonable in size, number, color, and luminosity are permitted if decorations are not placed upon a Lot/Living Unit 30 days prior to the holiday and must be removed 21 days after the holiday (provided that such decorations do not conflict with any applicable design standard).
Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, and all other winter holiday decorations, must be taken down no later than 21 days after the holiday occurred. Homes/lots with decorations remaining after this time, will be in violation of community guidelines and will receive a violation letter.
Halloween, Fall, Autumn decorations should be put away no later than December 21, 2023.
Exterior seasonal decorations do not require a design review application/approval as long as the change conforms with the design standards.
- Temporary Signs: (King Farm Swim Team signs, contractor signs, graduation signs, political signs, and other signs approved by the Assembly) do not generally require a Design Review Application.
- Provided, however, that KFST signs are allowed only during the swim season and no more than 30 days prior to the start of the swim season and removed immediately at the end of the swim season.
- Contractor signs are allowed for the duration of the work being performed or 30 days (whichever comes first).
- Political signs are allowed based on the applicable State of Maryland or City of Rockville requirements (as of 2020 limited to 5 square feet per sign).
King Farm Shuttle Bus QR Code
Attached is an updated version of the QR code that you can scan using your smartphone or tablet. To ensure that you have access to the most up to date information, please save this for future reference. This will instantly direct you to the most current bus schedule, saving you time and allowing you to stay informed about any changes or updates to the bus schedule. The Conservancy will update the QR codes on the signs.
Here is the link to the King Farm Ridesystems information and the QR code for the phone application.
Questions about the shuttle should be sent to the Conservancy at
conservancy @kingfarm.org. Management is happy to assist as well.
to read the Weekly Crime Report
courtesy of the Rockville City Police Department.
If you have a ring camera (or other front door/doorbell camera), you can register it with the RCPD. The RockView program allows residents and business owners to voluntary register their privately owned video security camera systems with the RCPD. Registration in the RockView program does not enable law enforcement to view camera footage without an owner’s permission. However, the RockView program will allow city police to quickly identify security cameras that may have captured criminal activity when a crime is reported nearby. For more information about the RockView program, click here.
If you have a crime or concern to report, please contact the Rockville City Police Department at:
2 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Stay connected with breaking news and information from RCPD on:
Facebook – @RockvilleCityPolice
Twitter – @RockvilleCityPD
Instagram – @RockvilleCityPolice
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!