Guidelines for Changes or Repairs to Fencing and Sheds:
Please use these guidelines for replacing or repairing one of these items on your property. Any time you alter or change the existing condition in any way, it requires a design review application. Provided that you make these changes for repair or maintenance, then a DRA is not required.
Fencing and Sheds — Repairs and Replacements:
Alley Fencing & Yard (Picket) Fencing:
- No DRA is required, as long as any repairs use the same original wood material and are painted King Farm White.
- Using materials other than wood is NOT permitted except solid vinyl fence of Azek by Walpole Woodworks may be used
(per the September 2013 Memo from the Community Architect).
- **Additions, extensions, relocations, and height changes require submission of a new Design Review Application for review and approval.
- No DRA is required, as long as any repairs use the same original material (including color).
- Require submission of a new Design Review Application for review and approval.
Exterior Paint Requirement:
The following document specifies the timeline required to paint exterior ACQ pressure-treated wood on homes. Exterior Paint Guidelines
Fence and Deck Colors:
The following paint colors shall be acceptable for use as “King Farm White” (Pure or Ultra White) on fences and rear yard deck components. The following colors can also be used for exterior house trim, but please consult the original design guide for your home or contact Management for questions.
- Outside White Solid Stain
(Maxwood Exterior Stain)
- One Coat White
- 100 Super White
- Outside White
- UL260-15 Gallery White
- Extra White – WoodScapes House Stain Exterior Acrylic Solid Color
(Sherwin-Williams Paint – Available through Duron)